Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh man, that's a nice 40! Welcome, glad you found us! I was also in the parade. Look forward to meeting you soon!

When you said Iron Pig, I didn't think they would put the bezel on upside-down.
Looks good, can't wait to see it in person.

Hey all,

I signed up ! I think, paid the dues. :)

I have a 1996 stock locked FZJ80 with 212k on it. Owned it for 13 years and has given me great joy. It's now at the time of needing support and TLC. This forum has been extremely helpful over the years. Not a mechanic but mechanically inclined and I guess that's about to change. I'm still paying the local shop (any recommendations would be awesome) and it's getting pricey. I have been on the fence recently about keeping it but I'm not ready to part with it yet...or ever. My daily driver and limosine has earned many badges of honor and has never left me stranded.

I would love to get up with any Beaufort folk and would love some local service advice. I've gone from dealer to discount with the same luck. Short changed or short on change.

I'm electrically capable and IT / audio/video is my wheel house. If anyone needs any help on that end please let me know.

Thank you and I look forward to contributing whenever I can.

Hey all,

I signed up ! I think, paid the dues. :)

I have a 1996 stock locked FZJ80 with 212k on it. Owned it for 13 years and has given me great joy. It's now at the time of needing support and TLC. This forum has been extremely helpful over the years. Not a mechanic but mechanically inclined and I guess that's about to change. I'm still paying the local shop (any recommendations would be awesome) and it's getting pricey. I have been on the fence recently about keeping it but I'm not ready to part with it yet...or ever. My daily driver and limosine has earned many badges of honor and has never left me stranded.

I would love to get up with any Beaufort folk and would love some local service advice. I've gone from dealer to discount with the same luck. Short changed or short on change.

I'm electrically capable and IT / audio/video is my wheel house. If anyone needs any help on that end please let me know.

Thank you and I look forward to contributing whenever I can.
@77wagon is your local knowledge source in Beaufort. Welcome to our madness !

I know this guy ;)
Hey Matt. Unfortunately his 80 might be too complicated for my simple 40 brain so he might need more help from the team.
Moon

I know this guy ;)
Hey Matt. Unfortunately his 80 might be too complicated for my simple 40 brain so he might need more help from the team.
Moon
Hey Moon, it is funny that we ended up being teamed together via this site. Suppose it was just a matter of time. Well, maybe between this team here and your experience, we can keep the 80 safe and running a long time. Looking forward to the adventure.

Thanks all and be reaching out real soon.

I wanted to introduce myself, Andrew, moved from Atlanta last year. I've had an 80, and just bought a 40 I plan on flying out to Wyoming to drive back next week, should be a good 7-10 days of adventure. I look forward to getting to know some other cruisers in the area.

I wanted to introduce myself, Andrew, moved from Atlanta last year. I've had an 80, and just bought a 40 I plan on flying out to Wyoming to drive back next week, should be a good 7-10 days of adventure. I look forward to getting to know some other cruisers in the area.
Andrew, welcome! I am SO excited to have another 40 owner in the area; they are a blast to drive and work on. Look forward to seeing the new 40. Sounds like you won't be back in town for the HAMOM (Help a Member Out per Month) on Feb 11th, but the barbecue at Randy's will be in March. What side of town do you live on? Several of us are here in Summerville, others in West Ashley, and most of our events are in MtP.

Post up some pictures when you can and again, welcome!

It will be an adventure for sure. Not sure I would want to drive a 40 that far in a week.
Be good to meet you when you get back.
Be safe.

Andrew, welcome! I am SO excited to have another 40 owner in the area; they are a blast to drive and work on. Look forward to seeing the new 40. Sounds like you won't be back in town for the HAMOM (Help a Member Out per Month) on Feb 11th, but the barbecue at Randy's will be in March. What side of town do you live on? Several of us are here in Summerville, others in West Ashley, and most of our events are in MtP.

Post up some pictures when you can and again, welcome!
I'm over in Mt. P and look forward to catching up with you guys, bbq and beer is always a good idea. I'll try to post up a thread on the 40 page of the trip back. If it seems to be doing alright when I get through Colorado, thinking of hopping on the trans american trail through NM, OK and AR. We shall see...

I'm over in Mt. P and look forward to catching up with you guys, bbq and beer is always a good idea. I'll try to post up a thread on the 40 page of the trip back. If it seems to be doing alright when I get through Colorado, thinking of hopping on the trans american trail through NM, OK and AR. We shall see...
I was apprehensive of the trip duration, so I had to have a look at the interstates coming back this way from Wyoming. Yep, you'll be passing through Colorado! Very cool. My wife and I traveled to Vegas and back over the Christmas break; 7 days was perfectly doable in the 100. In a 40, you will have a much more memorable trip. I don't mean to put a jinx on the adventure, but you do have tools/fluids/micro-starter for the return trip, right?

The 40 should be fine...they just don't have the creature comforts of a 100...or a 62 for that matter.
I'd drive the 62 across country in a minute. The 40...I don't even know about driving it to GSMTR.

I'd drive the -40 to St Augustine (again) in a skinny minute. With an Amex and AAA Gold, I'd drive from here to Cali....and back.

I guess I'm spoiled with the Caddy

I'd drive the -40 to St Augustine (again) in a skinny minute. With an Amex and AAA Gold, I'd drive from here to Cali....and back.
Man, that St Augustine trip was a lot of fun! We'll have to bring McClure and David with us next time. Maybe we can talk @Godzirra @Kayaker @77wagon @mel lowe and @chubot in to attending the Relic Run this year.

Last edited:
I was apprehensive of the trip duration, so I had to have a look at the interstates coming back this way from Wyoming. Yep, you'll be passing through Colorado! Very cool. My wife and I traveled to Vegas and back over the Christmas break; 7 days was perfectly doable in the 100. In a 40, you will have a much more memorable trip. I don't mean to put a jinx on the adventure, but you do have tools/fluids/micro-starter for the return trip, right?

Sent a box of tools to the seller and have a Walmart list to hit first thing. Head south as quick as possible with stops at New Belgium brewery and Denver, then hopefully warmer weather from New Mexico over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom