Introduce Yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Headed to Titus Canyon Death Valley at 6am on Friday morning. Trying to push through before it gets too warm. If you haven't done titus canyon I highly recommend it.

The heat has been really intense here in the valley. 108°F this afternoon 🤒 My aircon stopped blowing cold air when I idled for 10 minutes loading baby stuff up at the back with engine and aircon on kids inside. Just discovered to tonight that the 06 LX did not come with a factory condenser fan.

Last edited:
Dang That sucks. Were stuck in that heat wave in the upper mid west 95deg with 85% humidity. Storms have been wicked tho.
JP

The heat has been really intense here in the valley. 108°F this afternoon 🤒 My aircon stopped blowing cold air when I idled for 10 minutes loading baby stuff up at the back with engine and aircon on kids inside. Just discovered to tonight that the 06 LX did not come with a factory condenser fan.
Hit up lancruiserparts.com, Phil sells an everything you need kit.

I am flying back today from the northeast, 100 degrees and 60 percent humidity. Kinda looking forward to mid 100's and dry. However AC is a necessity in Vegas not a luxury, especially with kids/pets. Hope you get to the bottom of it quickly

A few moments after the AC stopped blowing cold air the engine started loosing RPM and eventually died. Happened during a long wait at the stop light, thankfully I was able to start it after 2 nerve racking minutes.

Thanks for the tip @Dzrtcrzr I was able to contact Phil and saw his fan kit, ordered it already hopefully it gets here by Thursday night as we have an upcoming family trip to LA on Friday morning.

I have a 94 FZJ80 and this is the first summer I can let it idle with the AC running.
New radiator, last spring, blue fan clutch mod and aux fan install summer before. Head gasket went out last year right before summer, and finally got it driving again in December. The AC cut out once this summer, turned on the fan and it was back on in about 5 minutes.

Pismo beach 11/1 to 11/3 Turf N Surf

For anyone interested I will be heading out there on the Thursday morning. Finally persuaded my buddy (non landcruiser guy) to come along. I will be in the 100 with a camping trailer and he will be in his Tacoma, likely pulling his knock off Myers Manx
(he would like to bring his old bronco but he's too proud to admit his Tacoma doesn't have enough power to pull it on a trailer through the mountainso_O) .

The manx should be a blast on the beach.

For anyone interested in the event just putting it out there in case we want to convoy out there. Always good to have numbers and resources in case anything mechanical comes up.

The event itself is very laid back and lots of fun, lots of different types of landcruisers and other vehicles as well.
The website has not yet been updated with this years itinerary but the dates are confirmed, the event itself is free but its roughly 10 bucks a night to camp on the beach.

Hoping some of you might have the time to go and celebrate the end of the heat!

Andy

Former club member from the 90s here, was just wondering if any of the old guys are still around. My fj40 is long gone and these days I’m rockin an fjcruiser.
Former club member and club VP from the '80s. Still have "Cadillac", our '84 FJ60. Plus another FJ60 and two FJ40s. So we were before your time.

Pismo beach 11/1 to 11/3 Turf N Surf

For anyone interested I will be heading out there on the Thursday morning. Finally persuaded my buddy (non landcruiser guy) to come along. I will be in the 100 with a camping trailer and he will be in his Tacoma, likely pulling his knock off Myers Manx
(he would like to bring his old bronco but he's too proud to admit his Tacoma doesn't have enough power to pull it on a trailer through the mountainso_O) .

The manx should be a blast on the beach.

For anyone interested in the event just putting it out there in case we want to convoy out there. Always good to have numbers and resources in case anything mechanical comes up.

The event itself is very laid back and lots of fun, lots of different types of landcruisers and other vehicles as well.
The website has not yet been updated with this years itinerary but the dates are confirmed, the event itself is free but its roughly 10 bucks a night to camp on the beach.

Hoping some of you might have the time to go and celebrate the end of the heat!

Andy
We'll be back in Indian Springs for a good bit of November, but probably not that early in the month. And the '84 FJ60 is in need of tires, hoses, belts, etc., so we probably can't make it. Sounds like fun though.

Can't believe I haven't been a part of this group yet. Been on mud for 12 years, when I first bought the bj/fj60. Now I have a 100 and want to go drive it!

Ryan, 42 live in Vegas, love to wheel.
received_4279893822035704.jpeg

Nice! Our numbers are increasing maybe we can setup a parking lot meet?

Jumping back into this thread. It would be great to start connecting with more local 100-series owners. I bought my completely stock '06 LX in May 2019 and I'm just now getting around to upgrading the tires with the hope of more adventures in the near future.

I'm on the fence between 285/65/18 and 275/70/18 KO2s. I'm still running AHC, stock running boards, and stock wheels, and still driving 90% on pavement. Eventually I would like to get an ARB front bumper, White Knuckle sliders, and Dissent rear bumper, but I'm not planning any of those mods any time soon,...maybe in a few years. I'm leaning towards 285/65 as I'm hoping the 285 size will line up closer to the fender (compared to the 275/70) without needing spacers, and also fit in the OE spare location; however, it seems like most owners recommend the 275/70/18 size.

I understand the tire size debate may be like beating a dead horse on these forums, but I'm open to more input, especially from all the local SNV owners on here. Thanks!

Todd, 44, Henderson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom