Introduce Yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Vegas450 and others (OEMGUY, Larry, Union)
I've similarly moved to Vegas several years ago, and an AZ transplant as well. About two years back I was fortunate to meet some great folks here and Steve, the past president, led several trips I attended. I believe he moved out of town, but there's likely many of us ready to fire up this club again. I think it would be great to talk trucks and plan some trips again. Living in Vegas is fantastic for exploring, and I usually take my rigs out every few weeks. Please post up any interest, and send me a PM. Anyone available this Sunday?

Mike

Yeah let’s do it. We can start off with a simple meetup one of these days would like to see all of your trucks in person. Been building overland rigs for the past 9yrs now but overseas and would like to see some local good stuff. Just let me know when and where!

Last edited:
My 200 is down for the count until I can get this misthreaded wheel lock off! Probably going to head discount tire and impact it off hopefully.

@Union Try a cut off wheel in a 4" grinder to slice the lug nut then split it with a chisel. Might work.
JP

I would be in for a meet and greet this winter and some trail runs this winter. I leave town in the summer months.
JP

Hi cruisers. I just picked up a 2006 LX in May with the intent of taking my kids out camping and doing some light off-roading. My LX is still bone stock (other than an interior LED kit I installed) but I'm planning an overnight trip next month (Fri, Aug 2) up to Fishlake National Forest above Beaver Utah, with an easy off-road drive over the Tushar Mtns (via route 153) and down into Junction UT. I'd love to see another cruiser or two out there.

Hi cruisers. I just picked up a 2006 LX in May with the intent of taking my kids out camping and doing some light off-roading. My LX is still bone stock (other than an interior LED kit I installed) but I'm planning an overnight trip next month (Fri, Aug 2) up to Fishlake National Forest above Beaver Utah, with an easy off-road drive over the Tushar Mtns (via route 153) and down into Junction UT. I'd love to see another cruiser or two out there.

Welcome! I'll be out in Ouray with the 200s for our annual trip July 31-Aug 3. Sounds like a fun trip though!

Ill be up there the Aug 16-18. Have fun!View attachment 2023164 Lee Canyon this weekend

That's awesome. The weather was great. I was up at North Loop Trailhead hiking with the family. On the way down I saw a magnetic grey 200 with a RTT headed up kyle canyon.

Hello to all. Just found this thread again now that some of you have resuscitated it. I am on the Southeast side of town. Been in LV for 9 years. Haven't found much in the way of non Jeep clubs for off road exploring. I would be up for meets/ trips. My challenge is I work most weekends when most of you might be available.
I am planning to go out to Pismo this year for the annual turf n surf, you know before they close the place.
I have been through a few landcruiser iterations, currently getting accustomed to my new 100 series which I am loving so far.
Look forward to meeting some of you at some point.
Andy

Hello to all. Just found this thread again now that some of you have resuscitated it. I am on the Southeast side of town. Been in LV for 9 years. Haven't found much in the way of non Jeep clubs for off road exploring. I would be up for meets/ trips. My challenge is I work most weekends when most of you might be available.
I am planning to go out to Pismo this year for the annual turf n surf, you know before they close the place.
I have been through a few landcruiser iterations, currently getting accustomed to my new 100 series which I am loving so far.
Look forward to meeting some of you at some point.
Andy
Looks like we might be gathering some group momentum here. I'm only 2 months into owning my first land cruiser (2006 LX), but I'm hoping to own it a long time and take it on many adventures. I'm not familiar with the Pismo event but I might have to check it out. I was born in SLO and grew up in AG/Pismo until my sophomore year of high school, and then moved to Vegas. My junior high is the one up on the hill straight back from the pier.

Looks like we might be gathering some group momentum here. I'm only 2 months into owning my first land cruiser (2006 LX), but I'm hoping to own it a long time and take it on many adventures. I'm not familiar with the Pismo event but I might have to check it out. I was born in SLO and grew up in AG/Pismo until my sophomore year of high school, and then moved to Vegas. My junior high is the one up on the hill straight back from the pier.
I will try to find a thread later but if you Google turf and surf you should find it. This year it's the first weekend in November. There is big momentum up there for completely closing the dunes to off roaders. I'd like to make it up at least once more before that happens. I went 2 years ago but couldn't find anyone else from Vegas heading up. It's a bit of a hike for some at about 400 miles but heck I did it in my old 60 towing a small camping trailer so for everyone with 100 or 200 series there should be no problem with the discomfort level. ;)

The group of coworkers and I are planning a wheeler pass run as well! Got a taco, tundra, and jeep wrangler in the mix.

I`d be if i`m back in town.
JP

This is last years thread. Haven't found a thread for this year but here is the website for the sign up list for anyone interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom