Intro Thread for a project BJ42, based in Ontario Canada. (1 Viewer)

There's a legendary dude in Maple, Ontario who daily drives his BJ40 in all weather. He works at the Maple Town Hall (I see his truck in the parking lot every day from the train) and spoke to him once in the parking lot at Longo's. I wonder if he's here or can be contacted, his rig is reliable, looks great and is used every day.

j
By Maple do you mean Vaughan?

Where did he find one for 500 dollars because I will start searching for them
I picked a parts 42 up for that and it basically disintegrated when I towed it home. I searched for 5 years to get a cheap parts rig.

FYI my driver BJ42 sat for over 5 years when I bought it. There were no diesel mechanics in Yellowknife who wanted to touch it so the PO let it sit because it was discharging batteries. I drained the old diesel from the tank, put fresh diesel in, changed the fuel filter, changed the oil and put 2 new proper sized batteries in it and it started right up.

I'd recommend getting it running and slowly pick away at what it needs. I drove mine from Yellowknife to Nova Scotia when I moved and all it required pre-trip was a little bit of preventative maintenance. Once you baseline it and fix the problems it should be reliable. If you want a show truck that is a different adventure.

I'm out by Peterborough. I've got a 79 bj40 I'm currently restoring.
I've also got a bj60, I have a very good understanding of these trucks.
If you need any help let me know

thanks for all the replies, im real happpy to know there is a good amount of cruiser heads in ontario. would any of you guys need a hand in fixing some of your stuff up? I reason it would be good to get some experiance wornking on them and to also meet some of you guys. other then that I worked at an autobody shop for a good part of last month to do some espianage and to become a bondo bandit.

thanks for all the replies, im real happpy to know there is a good amount of cruiser heads in ontario. would any of you guys need a hand in fixing some of your stuff up? I reason it would be good to get some experiance wornking on them and to also meet some of you guys. other then that I worked at an autobody shop for a good part of last month to do some espianage and to become a bondo bandit.
Covid is always the limiting factor for your request, but will be starting the rebuild in the next 3 weeks and definitely a good place to start by setting how everything goes together and more so how not to do things.

Is she moving forward....snow slowly being replaced with mud....
I am, lol
20210404_181651.jpg
20210327_154256.jpg

Does that count as a rolling chassis if there's no wheels....looks clean
Nope, but now that my knuckle centering tool arrived it will be. Absolutely disgusted with myself for accidentally losing track of shims. Nothing $400 wouldn't solve. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom