Intro post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Just doing what I’m told.
my name is Fred and live in Anchorage. Unexpectedly broke my back taking a snowmachine drop and needed a rehab project to keep me moving. My girlfriend has a really clean FJ60 that I installed the Cummins r2.8 into and mated to a Tremec 5 speed and an atlas transfer case. The 2F engine had 280,000 miles in it and was starting to complain in the cold winter.

The install took about 4 months given my slow mobility but I think it was good physical therapy crawling down and up from the floor creeper. I’m a habitual tinkerer and have a tig, mig, mill and lathe at my disposal if I needed something made or modified. I did have to lift the vehicle 2 1/2 inches for oil pan clearance to the differential

Initial test drive had the vehicle at 30 mpg in four wheel drive but would like a full tank reading. The tremec is an over drive 5th and has no problem doing 75 mph up a hill. It’s never gone this fast before and the road noise is understandably louder. Engine purrs like a small tractor with a windy sounding turbo instead of the whine of larger units.
I used this site quite a bit as a lurker while doing the install so thank you for all the information. It was much appreciated. I’ll be happy to return the favor if anyone has questions on how I did my install.

Welcome. So want the R2.8

......conversion......
Hi Silver edition. Still figuring out the posting
first picture was the initial fitup for welding the engine mounts. Second photo had all the plumbing complete and could run but still needed to install the fan.

I’m at 95% complete. Last item I addressed was converting the tach signal to work with the original one and build a windshield fluid reservoir. I had to move the reservoir because i had to move the battery because the intercooler took that space. There were several shuffle episodes in this build.

A824D0EA-196F-4B98-A949-DFBECE257B17.jpeg

B6BB126B-4522-4F60-984A-BC0CAC455CDE.jpeg

8FC55557-C8DB-4786-8917-572DFE460C00.jpeg

A14B1F97-00F2-4F90-B9E6-6C0CFAB74706.jpeg

I had to move the reservoir because i had to move the battery because the intercooler took that space.

looks fantastic - so much work!!!

I went the other way with my Intercooler and cut the grill to make it fit.... with a fully Raptor-Lined 60, nothing needs to stay original any more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom