Intermittent starting issue, going on 1 year now. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had an intermittent starting issue for going on a year. The first time it happend I just thought my starter failed. Towed to shop and it started some 10+ times for them and they recommended I leave the started. Told me that the starter will just go out and not keep working. They had no other idea as to why.

Doing research on here, I have only found 1 other option, that being the starter relay. I spoke to a toyota mechanic (mostly land cruisers) regarding that and he said he has never had to replace one. He tested the relay and said it reads normal, will read normal when it works, and needs to be tested when/if it doesn't work. I also found a starter (cut relay) on a diagram of the kick panel he also said it would be highly unlikely.

Symptom: with the door open I hear a loud click. that is it. No crank just click. I will try 2 or 3 time then go inside and poor some coffee, head back out and it will turn over. This happens about 2 times a week, going on 11 months.

Anyone have any Ideas other than starter or relay? Or should I just replace the starter?

Thanks

This is the route im taking at this point. I haven't heard of anyone having starter issues for this long, and a renowned shop told me they wouldn't replace it if it was theirs. Still I have found no other options, I am going to tackle the starter next week.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom