Intercooled turbo 2H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A mate dropped around today to show off the table top 70.It is 1985 with 330000 k's and running 35" tryes,he boasted it does 130k/hr . In the last 12 mths he has broken 4cv's ,2 axles and 1 or 2 diffs.What do you think its life span is? I cry every time I see what he does.

I will get some tomorrow plus I will carry a camera for a couple of days. What sort of tray (roughly)do you want

i am about to build a tray back so a couple different dsigns would be nice. different tool bax ideas, mounting points, floor ideas, head ache racks.
thanks for ht eoffer.
cheers

aussie75series said:
A mate dropped around today to show off the table top 70.It is 1985 with 330000 k's and running 35" tryes,he boasted it does 130k/hr . In the last 12 mths he has broken 4cv's ,2 axles and 1 or 2 diffs.What do you think its life span is? I cry every time I see what he does.

4CV with the 2H engine .. ! wouu .. !

I have one 2H in my HJ-60 runing 37" tires and never broke anyting .. :D

aussie75series said:
Photo's still coming. He has f&R lockers as well,might have a bit to do with it.

My HJ-60 have ARB front & rear too .. :D

Crushers, The tipper is fitted to a Tojo Hilux [ known locally as a Lowlux being only 2WD] these are fairly common on Cruisers.Also a couple of pretty bland trays at

the wreckers.

Wow, I guess properly done, even the 2H can make heaps of power, huh? I bet driving style plays a big role in his breakages.

Dave

beanz2 said:
Wow, I guess properly done, even the 2H can make heaps of power, huh? I bet driving style plays a big role in his breakages.

Dave

Heaps of power? Ha ha ha ha!!! That's a good one Dave! A 2H feels like the 3L in my Hilux.

But seriously, I don't think so.

drexx said:
Heaps of power? Ha ha ha ha!!! That's a good one Dave! A 2H feels like the 3L in my Hilux.

agree 2H and 3L engines are not designet to give a lots of power or torque .. has designed to do the work, do fine, and the most important thing ..

Do always .. !

drexx said:

Hi Drexx, want to tell us if you think the 3 liter will last as long as the 4 liter with out a rebuild. Don't think so. But I agree about its performance and its quieter also.cheers mate.

2h is good for about 300,000 km before the rings start to eat into the cylinder walls.
i have seen a few that have 500,000 on them, one is a one owner truck with no rebuild but then he really maintains his rig...
cheers

Last edited:
drexx said:

That's why I was impressed the guy was breaking axles and diffs. Of course you remember I had a 2H powered vehicle? I know what a 2H feels like :)

Dave

beanz2 said:
That's why I was impressed the guy was breaking axles and diffs. Of course you remember I had a 2H powered vehicle? I know what a 2H feels like :)

Dave

Yup! I remember your Troopie having some issues with the climb in that hill in 880S near your home. :) 45mph was it, or 35mph? The 2H is one tough MF like my 3L (2.8liter naturally-aspirated diesel engine) in the Hilux, I totally agree, as I see how they treat both of them here in the Philippines --like it's prolly one of those motors that will still run after a nuclear explosion... but it we all agree it's not the fastest motor out anywhere.

130k/hr? my hj45 wit a H motor (no 2) non-turbo has seen 150 k's an hour on 33's, with a troopy's weight. it should last fine.

a friend of mine has a turbo intercooled 1hz in his 75 and spends his weekends outracing 350 chev powered vehicles

35 mph before the injectors were rebuilt, 45 mph after. 10 mph makes all the difference whether you can keep up with the 18 wheelers or them passing you. Yep, your HDJ80 did much better :)

Dave

I thought that the point here is, toyota engines do the work .. ! in my case, I have my TLC with the 2H engine from 6 years ago, and in the last 2 years doing the work of V8 with all other Club team 4x4 ( most CJ with V8 convesions )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom