Installing old man emu front shackles on my 84 Toyota pickup 4x4 I need HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reviving this because I’m having a similar issue… These are Ironman 4x4’s TOY011B springs that I’m trying to mount on a 1989 DLX 4x4 Pickup regular cab. Despite the Trail Gear shackles being 1/2” longer than stock, I still cannot get these damn things close enough to bolt up to the shackle. The front spring pin is in and the spring is mounted to the front hanger (but just finger tight). Any suggestions here?

D0308D82-15B0-4CB4-A80B-07D13C323814.jpeg

I suppose I should probably go ahead and cut off that rusty exhaust and try to Jack under the spring so that it slides along the frame closer to the shackle?

So..... Rear springs are 79-88. Then 89-95 then 95.5+.
They aren't universal.
You need to measure those along the flat. They should be 51"+ for an 89+ application. If not, theyre wrong.

So..... Rear springs are 79-88. Then 89-95 then 95.5+.
They aren't universal.
You need to measure those along the flat. They should be 51"+ for an 89+ application. If not, theyre wrong.
Correct, and these are not 51”, they’re 49”. They’re the same as factory springs on the forward end (22-1/16” from front eye to center pin), but they’re short on the back end (27-1/8” from center pin to eye). I informed Ironman of that discrepancy prior to posting here, but haven’t received a reply from them. I figured the topic of this thread was similar enough to not clutter the forum with a new thread.

So far, nothing that I bought from Ironman for this truck has fit except for the frame hanger shackle bushings. Their u-bolts for these springs were 1/2” too narrow to work with the factory lower plates, and their greasable pin for the spring hanger was 18mm instead of 14mm. Been really frustrating…

I guess the FYI here is that anything Ironman specs for the rear suspension of 86-95 pickups won’t actually fit these trucks:
366874B8-0050-4AFC-B11F-7C88E57CB7B7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom