Install Holley Sniper on 2F with frame off restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d say they are mostly kink free.
As for adapting to the stock system, Mosley Motors has the easiest setup. Looks stock after install

2ED1335B-3E78-4CE5-80FB-294CA01109B4.jpeg

What kinks? I haven't read about any that were the fault of the Holley kit. More a personal choice of components that may or may not be 100% compatible.
Lots of folks have had error codes. No computer means I am not standing on the side of the road due to a “code”. Carburetors are far from perfect but probably won’t leave me.👍

Lots of folks have had error codes. No computer means I am not standing on the side of the road due to a “code”. Carburetors are far from perfect but probably won’t leave me.👍

The Sniper is not for everyone that’s for sure. Anyone considering it and has a decent running carb should take their time, research well and consider wisely. If you have doubts, just don't do it. But I don’t think anyone here who has installed a Sniper, has later decided to switch back to a carb. I'm not the only Sniper user to say, "My rig never ran so good". None of my 3 carbs I had in the past ever gave me error codes. They just gave me errors. :)

I would rather stand on the side of the road then try and hold my rig on the side of a hill, trying to figure out how to get it back down to level terrain safely so I can get it started again, maybe. I'm not against carburetors at all. In fact, I absolutely love them, as an engineer I have to appreciate their design that takes advantage of the properties of fluid mechanics to move 4,000 lbs of Japanese tin just about anywhere you want it to go. I have dreams about owning Mikuni PHH carbs again, and I regret selling my last 2 sets. But there is just something about stock 2bbl Japanese carbs that after 45 years, no matter what you do, there are always these aggravating little bugs that pop their heads up. It gets old after awhile when you just want to hop in and go. The last time I got fed up with a carburetor I ended up pioneering a complete engine swap.

I cant speak for the holley kit, but I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles on a stock chevy 4.3 and I have NEVER been on the side of the road with that system. It would be interesting to gather the data from those who have used the Holley kit and see exactly what their issues were based on trends.

I’ve had an 02 go out on one.

I’ve had a fuel pump go out on one....that left me on the side of the road.

3 snipers on my personal trucks and a lot of trouble free miles

Well my friend Rick, @GA Architect is meticulous in all he does with a great attention to detail. Seeing that he has had some issues made me step back a little. Granted both my rigs run on Jim C rebuilt carbs and they do run excellent, but the ‘76 can have hot start issues and so I was considering the Sniper for it first. Also I am between the desert and the Mtns and the advantages of perfect mix all the tine IS appealing. What drew me to the 40’s is their simplicity, reliability and ruggedness. Guess I am a purist at heart.

Well my friend Rick, @GA Architect is meticulous in all he does with a great attention to detail. Seeing that he has had some issues made me step back a little. Granted both my rigs run on Jim C rebuilt carbs and they do run excellent, but the ‘76 can have hot start issues and so I was considering the Sniper for it first. Also I am between the desert and the Mtns and the advantages of perfect mix all the tine IS appealing. What drew me to the 40’s is their simplicity, reliability and ruggedness. Guess I am a purist at heart.

Even with the issues I've had, I'd install another Sniper without a 2nd thought.

I`ve been running the sniper for a little over 3 years now and never left me stranded. I`m with Rick and would install another with out a second thought.

Well my friend Rick, @GA Architect is meticulous in all he does with a great attention to detail. Seeing that he has had some issues made me step back a little. Granted both my rigs run on Jim C rebuilt carbs and
Meticulous work tends to unearth more issues, since settling for inferiority is out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom