Input on awnings? Need help choosing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj62max

Wildlife Customs
Threads
I've been look at the eeziawn bat or manta, having a 80series with a rear gobi ladder on the rear hatch doesn't allow me to fit either one. Which I think. So been looking at the shift which looks nice and l like that it free stands. Would like to see what others think to make up my mind already.

This is why I think I cant get a manta or bat awning
20190610_200310.jpg
20190610_200328.jpg
20190610_200005.jpg

If you ain't afraid drilling through your hardshell RTT you might be able to create two brackets sideways which provide a vertical mounting surface down to the rack/skeleton or what that is (can't see the whole side on your pictures).

This could enable you to mount a 270 awning as the last arm of the awning usually is the highest one. If you have any touch points you could apply some rubber tape on the awning arm so your ladder / tailgate does not get injured.

Something like this:

Last edited:
I've been look at the eeziawn bat or manta, having a 80series with a rear gobi ladder on the rear hatch doesn't allow me to fit either one. Which I think. So been looking at the shift which looks nice and l like that it free stands. Would like to see what others think to make up my mind already.
If the entrance to your RTT is in the rear, you can't use a 270* anyway. If not, remove the ladder. Otherwise, it's just a useless ornament. Those mounted ladders are for roof rack access, right? I think yours is kinda full right now....at least the rear section.

I have an Ezei Awn Swift. Love it. Set up is super fast. I frequently will not use the legs unless it is windy or might turn windy. I especially like the leg less set up when we stop for picknick lunches. I can pull my table out (under roof rack mounted) and set up the awing in about a minute. Getting the camp chairs out and set up probably takes five times as long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom