Terrapod - Maine rack help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
We just moved to Maine from Alaska. We sold our previous tent before leaving Kodiak (so it wouldn’t get damaged on the barge) and had a Terrapod installed, on our existing Prinsu, at Juniper Overland during our cross country trip.

Unfortunately the combination is a nightmare. It is so loud over 55mph and we had no input prior to install from anyone regarding replacing the Prinsu w/a Rhino Rack backbone.

After chatting w/Terrapod I went and ordered a Rhino Rack backbone at the South Portland Rack Attack. Seems brilliant except no one locally will touch the tent to remove and swap the racks out as they aren’t familiar w/Terrapod and roof top tents are apparently rare here. We lived in Colorado and Alaska prior to Maine and RTTs were normal daily sightings and tons of places for installs.

Does anyone know an installer from central to southern Maine who can do this? We might need to coordinate a trip to NH or anywhere for that matter but I don’t know where to start. I reached out to 207 Overlanding for any input but nothing yet.

We’re in the process of building a house so nowhere currently to work on this at home and could use tips from anyone who might know the area.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom