Inflator for portable compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question but it seemed more fitting than the other options. I have the smittybilt 2781 and I enjoy the high cfm that it offers. However I greatly dislike the function of the screw on air chuck and the pressure gauge sucks. What I would really like to have is a standard tire inflator with a gauge that I can control the flow into the tire. But the compressor runs constantly, so I think a normal closed style chuck might damage the compressor. Is there a setup that will function similarly to my wants? Thanks in advance for the help

something from Viair ?
Unless I missed something, they say at the bottom of the description “not for use with with portable compressors” or something kind of like that.

Is your pump blowing air out the whole time?

I guess im missing your question here.

If that's the case then you either need to set up a tank a pressure switch or go to a different setup.

Is your pump blowing air out the whole time?

I guess im missing your question here.

If that's the case then you either need to set up a tank a pressure switch or go to a different setup.
It does. My question is this. Is there a set up that functions more like a regular tire inflator with gauge? I’m guessing not, as most chucks are in a normally closed position. I’m guessing the pump will be damaged if it runs very long, with no place for the air to go. Hope that makes more sense. Thanks

I couldn't stand the goofy fittings, and cheap plastic tubing/hose, on my Smittybilt compressor, so I converted mine to something more familiar:

1594438107711.png

It was my understanding at the time, that you needed to use a free flowing chuck with this type of compressor, so I ended up using something like this:

1594438368322.png

I suspect that you could use a "T" fitting to add a pressure gauge (on either end), but at the time it didn't seem worth the effort to me.

1594598214764.png

A quickly cobbled together example, from parts that I had laying around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom