Inexpensive Bull bar that fits series 80/LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I am looking for one of those under $300.00 Bull bars for my LX450. Anybody know of anything? Most available or for modern trucks. Know of any of the shelf brackets that would require minor fitting? Image below is kinda thing I'm looking for but built for series 80..
Thanks!

tuff-bar-bull-bar-ss_1.jpg

Rock Defense™ FJ80 Front Bumper - Trail Gear

Probably the cheapest bumper you can get. Comes as raw steel so you will need to paint it yourself, and bolts directly to the frame. I have one and really like it, super sturdy and bare-bones, and (IMO) really fits the 80's lines. Also is ready for larger winches. Looks like ~$480 right now, I was able to get mine on sale for ~380 shipped, I think for a July 4th sale.

Is your goal to ever have a winch, or not?

Luke’s bumper kits or any number of similar weld-yourself kits are going to both be cheaper longterm & are structurally a better contender be it stumps or a car on the road.

The type thing you’re after is very similar (but not as bad) as Waag brand ‘brush guards’ that we call crash multipliers. You bump something & lose the grill & headlights with a Waag where without one you wouldn’t probably do so bad.

Smittybuilt makes a bullbar like you pic’d - as does another company I’m forgetting (Go Rhino?) - it’s a JDM hop-up parts brand, you see them occasionally on HDJ’s imported to Canada.

Thank You,
Adetemp1980 (Beautiful Rig, What winch did you choose?) for the pic, Devilgili22 and Linus. Looks like what I want. I've contacted Trail Gear as the the shipping to Hawai'i and weight questions (How heavy with winch) for the upcoming OME Suspension that's in the plans. 100lbs extra is limit. I think I'm good with stock bumper coming off. It'll look better too...
Attached is image of my newly painted Truck and "Naked" Front End.

0317180707_HDR.jpg

Also, just a note, your AC drier will be exposed with this bumper, so you'll have to move it out of the way. There are a few threads on how to do that. Good luck!

Also, just a note, your AC drier will be exposed with this bumper, so you'll have to move it out of the way. There are a few threads on how to do that. Good luck!
Rut Ro...Thanks for The Heads Up Devgili22! Just found
80 Series Land Cruiser AC Dryer Skid Plate
from Slee. You familiar? Works with ARB front Bumper, I'd rather not move A/C drier if possible. $$ Slee Kit is only $89 Bucks. You seen this? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Rut Ro...Thanks for The Heads Up Devgili22! Just found
80 Series Land Cruiser AC Dryer Skid Plate
from Slee. You familiar? Works with ARB front Bumper, I'd rather not move A/C drier if possible. $$ Slee Kit is only $89 Bucks. You seen this? Thoughts?

Eh, that would look kind of weird with the TG bumper imo. I think some members have had success just carefully bending it out of the way, no kits/extra parts involved.

Ah, OK Cool. Just have to look and mess with it when I have parts. Thanks, again, I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
4wheel parts sells the Trail Gear bumpers. They gave me 10% off and did not charge shipping. They have stores in Hawaii. I have the Trail Gear front and rear bumpers and I am very happy. My avatar is a picture of my first LC with ARB front bumper and Kaymar rear. I like the tube bumpers better.

Mahalo Nui Loa Toddsmith1. That could save me a ton even if I have to pay shipping from Oahu. I have a quote from them on the OME suspension package and it is a great price. They added shipping but it was under 100 bucks for The whole Kit. Us neighbor island peeps always gotta pay something....

I went with the smittybilt x20 12k synthetic winch. It’s been a great winch for the price...waterproof, wireless remote, warranty...perfect for a weekend warrior rig...plus free shipping with amazon prime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom