Ineos - Grenadier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had to go with a new thread. Very interesting vehicle for sure.

Base price and will it come to the USA. I need to keep researching.

I like the looks of most of it. There is something about the shape of the hood that I feel needs to be more box like as apposed to hard-shell RTT shaped.

Price has got to be north of 100k is my guess.

I agree. Hood is not quite right.
It has to be 100k or better.
Is Toyota going to wake up with the success of the wrangler/gladiator, the ford bronco, that will sell like hot cakes, and now a company that was purpose built to build an off-roader? And Toyota has most of the product built.

Is Toyota going to wake up with the success of the wrangler/gladiator, the ford bronco, that will sell like hot cakes, and now a company that was purpose built to build an off-roader? And Toyota has most of the product built.

No.

Hope that helps... Hot cakes are kinda relative.... How many hot cakes versus the Camry? Corolla?.... You really think Toyota cares about the little specialty market vehicles? We've proved we won't buy them more than a few thousand a year in the US - not worth their time.

No.

Hope that helps... Hot cakes are kinda relative.... How many hot cakes versus the Camry? Corolla?.... You really think Toyota cares about the little specialty market vehicles? We've proved we won't buy them more than a few thousand a year in the US - not worth their time.
Can’t it just be an ego. And Jeep sales have to be through the roof. So many in N.C.

Way off and no wonder Toyota does not care.

Last edited:
No.

The US doesn't buy more than a few thousand LCs a year as it is haha...
Supposedly the rumors are that the 300 series will be a more purpose built rig under Toyota and give Lexus the fancy doodads with a premium pricetag.

Love it. Probably will struggle to get into the US. Wondering about powerplant.

Like afgman mentions, hopefully the rumors are true about the future of the LC!

Such a great vehicle for those expeditions to Home Depot, soccer practice, recitals, and such. All the bros will have woodies when seeing this thing waiting in drive-thru at Chik-fil-a or for the attendant at Harris-Teeter to bring your groceries to the overlanding vehicle. And being designed and built by the British, what could possibly go wrong?

Such a great vehicle for those expeditions to Home Depot, soccer practice, recitals, and such. All the bros will have woodies when seeing this thing waiting in drive-thru at Chik-fil-a or for the attendant at Harris-Teeter to bring your groceries to the overlanding vehicle. And being designed and built by the British, what could possibly go wrong?
BAHA. So true. Merica is the land of the true poser culture.

Last edited:

I watched the videos and it sounds like they are doing it right. Solid axles, ladder box frame, all mechanical suspension (coils/shocks/links). I bet they keep it rather utilitarian. They mentioned every design element had to respect ground clearance, approach and departure angles. Maybe it's Kool-Aid, but what I've seen seems pretty impressive.

Just heard the power plant is a BMW diesel.

The videos look legit.

30k pounds, maybe. My guess is you won't be able to touch it under 50

Gonna be a hard road to get it to the US market

Even harder for under 50K

Side note: Toyota would sell many more Land Cruisers if they offered a few different trim levels and marketed it properly.
Only selling a few thousand a year is not the consumers fault, it's Toyota's.
They make the (very expensive) effort to sell it here, why not try and sell more?

LC sales in the US is 100% on Toyota. There is zero marketing and support for the platform. The sequoia didn't help, should have been a stripped down cruiser. Toyota has long said the 200 is for long term wealthy Toyota owners that want the flagship models. Most dealers don't even have one on hand.
Hell Scott Clark, one of the largest yoga dealers in the US, had to borrow the owners to display when we did our club car show there.

This looks decent. Solid axles, ZF trans, removable top, only downside could possibly be the BMW engine but its a diesel so ill take what we can get.

Looks like this truck can be reserved for $450 and will be available in 2023. I am seeing prices from 50k to 75k. There are some super cool factory options available in the build tool. Also, I heard a prototype is sitting at Lynwood Brewing on Whitaker Mill in Raleigh. I have not been by to verify but makes sense seeing how their NA headquarters are in Raleigh. I like everything about it except the bmw motor and the rear barn doors. I did see a video where every part will be directly available to the end user with instructions on repairs. Also, maintenance for the bmw engine and transmissions will be handled at BMW dealerships. I could not confirm if the USA will get the diesel or not. I configured one in Carolina Blue with a white roof. Something different besides, hunter green, black or white.

0E4B070E-F297-40E9-9269-FABCF888909D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom