In-Dash CB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
web.mac.com
After some stalling I finally installed a Uniden 520XL in my dash. It was a very easy install, and looks sweet. I pretty much followed the pictures from Slee's website. The hardest part was convincing myself that it would fit. At first I wanted to do more trimming, but then I decided to force fed the dashboard the CB. To my surprise the dash took it like a champ.

Following Ali's advice I bought an external CB speaker from radio shack. I spent a good half hour in the driver's seat trying to find a place for it...
I didn't want to hit it with my knee, so instead of mounting it on the outside of the transmission console, I put it on the inside. Another tight fit, but man is it nice. It gets real loud, and it isn't in the way!:cool:

Here it is with the console off:

P1010733.jpg

can you guess where it is?........... (directly behind the TLCA placard)

P1010750.jpg

Very cheap, and very easy. :D
The speaker was $25 and the time spent actually installing it was maybe five minutes.

Love that CB location, great usage of something as useless as an ashtray (if you dont smoke :p ). How good of a range do you get with that, and how is reception?

Is that tape w/ wire an adapter for an iPod, or cd player? If its for an iPod, and you get semi-decent reception with your radio, Id suggest an FM transmitter. I was skeptical as to how well it would work, but I got one (Belkin brand, comes with charger and all), and use it on its standard station, 88.1. It gets perfect reception, and sounds great.

Have yet to tune the antennae but it does well line-of-site:D

Yeah I use the tape adapter for the Ipod. I bought a FM transmitter (Belkin, I think) and I wasn't impressed. We were in back country with no descernable radio reception and the Ipod was barely coming through. For now I'm happy with the old-school tape adapter. When I upgrade the head unit I'll make sure it has an Ipod input!;)

very nice, can't wait to put mine in... only, i think i'll use a magnetic antenna mount...;)

So you are wanting hard mount yours? Or do you want to be able to pick it up and move it to the LX?

By the way,
you might want to update the sig line:D

yeah, think i'll go ahead and hard mount that one into the the TLC

I know this question is off-topic, but what did you replace your rear window defroster with? Or did you get another button like it for wiring in something else?

I know this question is off-topic, but what did you replace your rear window defroster with? Or did you get another button like it for wiring in something else?

I just relocated it. I wanted the CDL on the top row, so I just moved the rear defrost to the bottom. I like it better there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom