I'm looking for couple of decent FJ40 stk wheels. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pb4ugo

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm trying to put together a set of 5 decent stk FJ40 wheels. I plan on painting and running stk hub caps. I have 3 wheels that are workable, and several that are pitted. I'd like to track down a couple wheels that are better than what I have. They need to be welded/disc brake wheels with hub cap clips.
I'll be traveling around Ohio in a couple of weeks, so I could possibly pick up. I live in southwest Ohio. Thanks,

Last edited:
I'm trying to put together a set of 5 decent stk FJ40 wheels. I plan on painting and running stk hub caps. I have 3 wheels that are workable, and several that are pitted. I'd like to track down a couple wheels that are better than what I have. They need to be welded/disc brake wheels with hub cap clips.
I'll be traveling around Ohio in a couple of weeks, so I could possibly pick up. I live in southwest Ohio. Thanks,
I’m in Akron and might have a pair. I need to check to see if they are welded or riveted though.

I've got 5 in Columbus. One has an original spare tire on it - Dunlop Sno-Cruiser. My wife will pay you to take them, but how about $25 each? One has a missing clip and they need soda blasted. Edit: You have to buy all of them to get that price.
06D38D77-A812-4003-BF68-19B66017C91A.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, @Jdc1 . Let me know if you have a couple of welded ones in decent shape. Thanks, @TEakins , I already have 5 wheels and don't really want add that many more to my collection. I'll gladly offer my pitted ones, so you would still have a set. I'm just trying to find a couple rims in a little better shape than what I have. I would purchase 2 of your best ones depending on their condition for a fair price. If not Ill just run what I have. Thanks, Ken

Ken,
My wife said I have to let you buy a couple. I'll get some more pics to your email, so you can decide if it's worth a trip. Later, Ted

Thanks, @Jdc1 . Let me know if you have a couple of welded ones in decent shape. Thanks, @TEakins , I already have 5 wheels and don't really want add that many more to my collection. I'll gladly offer my pitted ones, so you would still have a set. I'm just trying to find a couple rims in a little better shape than what I have. I would purchase 2 of your best ones depending on their condition for a fair price. If not Ill just run what I have. Thanks, Ken
C60BE141-E431-40A9-93CF-07C517545CB0.jpeg

Thats an excellent price BUY them now !
I agree its a good price , but I only need a couple of them. I have 8 wheels at home, so I'm not wanting drastically add to my collection. 3 of my 8 are in good enuff shape for me to use on my street 40. It's sort of hard to tell, but in the pics I would say #4 is out. 3, 1, and the snow cruiser wheel look to be the best. It's hard to tell from the pics. #2 might be ok but it looks like it has a significant rust spot that might be too obvious. They will be wire brushed and painted.

Thanks @TEakins for your efforts. I was almost going to buy your complete set, but instead I think I'll try to refurbish my 2 slightly pitted rims. I've spent enuff $$ on tires, hub caps and other major things to get this 40 on the road this spring, and I'm not quite done spending $$ . My apologies to your wife. Thanks, Ken

Thanks @TEakins for your efforts. I was almost going to buy your complete set, but instead I think I'll try to refurbish my 2 slightly pitted rims. I've spent enuff $$ on tires, hub caps and other major things to get this 40 on the road this spring, and I'm not quite done spending $$ . My apologies to your wife. Thanks, Ken
Thanks anyway, Ken. You should have no trouble filling the pits and putting a nice finish on them. I think I want to hold on to my wheels for another 26 years anyway. A guy gets attached to stuff like that. The wife doesn't understand. If you find some nice rust free 45 year old wheels, I would predict they would not be in Ohio! Send pics and this YouTube video is helpful....

I'm moving to the Cleveland area this week and need a single 15" steel rim for my spare tire. Anyone on this thread still have one they're willing to part with?

I didn't want to hijack the thread but @Igotmearedone, you don't allow messages to be sent. Where in Cleveland are you moving to? Someone else with a '74 FJ40 just moved here as well. Time for a Cleveland area get together! :bounce2:

Hello Buckeyes, I’m on the eastside in Mentor. I have a ‘78 FJ40 I have been working on the past year. Finally have her driving and even went to a classic car show last weekend. Definitely the only Toyota haha. I’m open to a meetup sometime before the summer slides away. I’m potentially going up to the Mentor Cruise-In Aug 13 which is pretty big I believe.
Hope everyone is enjoying their rides!

93349437-02A8-477C-B015-B4C064E9E415.jpeg

I'll be moving back to NE Ohio within the next few months. I have a few older Yotas that I plan on taking to a car show here and there. They are nothin special, just more interested in seeing the other vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom