I’m Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is definitely good to know. Not a surprise on the raptor though. Saw a buddy of mine have his engine go up relatively early. Honestly the one thing I do have an eye for is the Power Wagon, but anytime I even consider it, I get reassured by threads like this.

This is definitely good to know. Not a surprise on the raptor though. Saw a buddy of mine have his engine go up relatively early. Honestly the one thing I do have an eye for is the Power Wagon, but anytime I even consider it, I get reassured by threads like this.

I have to admit it is nice having a truck around. I have daily driven a full size truck for the last 20 years. I traded the raptor on the 200 thinking I could just use a trailer, but it annoyed me not having a truck around. I live in the boonies so I use it a lot. I recently picked up a 22 Tundra. Sweet truck, but not the same build as a 200. I love them both for what they are.

Last edited:

My father and I both had Power Wagons and a good buddy of mine still has one that he uses as his daily. The main drawback to the PW is fuel economy. Other than that it's a fantastic truck. Having owned multiple late model Ford's and two late model RAM's I have to say that I still prefer the cab proportions and layout of the Ford better, but in terms of fit/finish/quality I don't think that the RAM gives anything up to the Ford.

The RAM has a better aftermarket, it fits 37's with ease and the PW trim is basically a 3/4-ton Rubicon Pickup, extremely capable and incredibly overbuilt. If you need the payload or towing capacity of a true 3/4-ton then the PW isn't for you, that's its downfall, alongside of bad fuel economy but if you own Toyota's that's nothing new lol. If you want a capable HD truck that can wheel with literally anything out there then the PW is a great option and in most trims is still a bargain in todays market.

My barber recently bought a new Power Wagon. Tossed me the keys when I walked in one day and told me to go out back. Super nice truck if you need something that big. Personally I don’t so it’s a non starter for me but I must say it looks like RAM has quite a product there. Nothing I’ve seen from Ford or GM that measures up to it. Speaking of fit, finish, and power train.

A nice fellow in my Neighbor hood has a nice Raptor all tricked out and it sits in his garage. Next to the Raptor is really nice built out 2 door Jeep and it just sits in Garage. Next to that is his wifes Ford Edge she does daily drive that. In the driveway is Toyota Tundra that he drives daily. I never seen the Raptor move and Jeep I know is sitting as transfer case is leaking fluid. It is why he bought the Tundra. I don't really get it. Two vehicles now he never seems to use. I just went for hair cut and took my T100. I drive everything at least once and week and would drive any of it from Texas to New York and know that I could get their and back with no issues.

What I want to know is what are these people doing to get all of these vehicles?!? Accumulating a lot of debt I can only assume lol

What I want to know is what are these people doing to get all of these vehicles?!? Accumulating a lot of debt I can only assume lol

I know a lot of people who pay cash or they take the note and pay it off and keep it. Buy a new vehicle, take out a four year note, pay it off and do it again. In 10 years you can have three very nice vehicles laying around, most of which are paid for. Do that times two (dual income households) and you can easily attain 4+ vehicles without straining the finances. This is true if both parties in the household have a six-figure salary.

My problem is that prior to the 200 I haven't found a vehicle that I want around for the long haul. I could have kept one of my trucks or even one of the GX's or 4Runner's but none of them were the "it" vehicle in my eyes so I continued to play the trade-in or sell-off game. Now that we know that the 200 is sticking around for the long haul and nearly paid off, I can start to the search for the next long term vehicle to purchase to go alongside of it. The the third or fourth vehicles can be on a two or three year trade-in or lease cycle and a proper sports car or classic can find it's way into the garage once again.

I know a lot of people who pay cash or they take the note and pay it off and keep it. Buy a new vehicle, take out a four year note, pay it off and do it again. In 10 years you can have three very nice vehicles laying around, most of which are paid for. Do that times two (dual income households) and you can easily attain 4+ vehicles without straining the finances. This is true if both parties in the household have a six-figure salary.

My problem is that prior to the 200 I haven't found a vehicle that I want around for the long haul. I could have kept one of my trucks or even one of the GX's or 4Runner's but none of them were the "it" vehicle in my eyes so I continued to play the trade-in or sell-off game. Now that we know that the 200 is sticking around for the long haul and nearly paid off, I can start to the search for the next long term vehicle to purchase to go alongside of it. The the third or fourth vehicles can be on a two or three year trade-in or lease cycle and a proper sports car or classic can find it's way into the garage once again.
I've had 17 different vehicles since I turned 16 and started driving :facepalm: I'll turn 37 next month which averages out to a new car every year. Some made it as long as 4 years, others made it as long as a couple of months. On a 3 occassions I had two in the garage at the same time. (A truck paired with a sports car) Like you I haven't really found anything I wanted to keep for the long haul but in recent years my thinking has changed and I am ready to get off the hamster wheel of endless car consumerism. I'm already having mixed feelings in letting my 4R go in a couple of weeks but I also know deep down it was not going to stick around longer than another year or two at best so figure why not try the 200 and see how I get on with it? If I like it enough it will be paid off early and if not... well the hamster wheel continues I suppose. 🙃

Last edited:
I've had 17 different vehicles since I turned 16 and started driving :facepalm: I'll turn 37 next month which averages out to a new car every year. Some made it as long as 4 years, others made it as long as a couple of months. Like you I haven't really found anything I wanted to keep for the long haul but in recent years my thinking has changed and I am ready to get off the hamster wheel of endless car consumerism. I'm already having mixed feelings in letting my 4R go in a couple of weeks but I also know deep down it was not going to stick around longer than another year or two at best so figure why not try the 200 and see how I get on with it? If I like it enough it will be paid off early and if not... well the hamster wheel continues I suppose. 🙃

I am 39 and as embarrassing as it is for me to say outloud, I have owned 37 vehicles lol, damn near one for every year I have been alive. Of those 37 only two remain at the moment and 17 of those have been Toyota's or Lexus vehicles. I too am growing tired of endless swing door of vehicles but it's almost a given if I don't "love" the vehicle. I do regret selling a few now that I look back on it but most I don't miss in the least.

The way we are setup now I will likely keep the misses in something new every 2-4 years and I will attain a city/around town daily for myself next year, no clue what that might be at this moment. The Cruiser will be retired from daily use and will see camping/off-road/hunting use but remain parked outside of those needs in hopes of preserving it longer and ultimately extending it's lifecycle.

I like the idea of parking a 991.1 or 991.2 GTS alongside of whatever my daily is one of these days. However the deal I made with myself was no Porsche until my daily was paid off. Right now my lifestyle is really not conducive to owning more than one vehicle. I'm single, living in a townhome in the middle of the city. I could see myself doubling up with two in the garage again one day but not until it makes financial sense. I would like to be debt free by the time I'm 50. :)

Last edited:
I like the idea of parking a 991.1 or 991.2 GTS alongside of whatever my daily is one of these days. However the deal I made with myself was no Porsche until my daily was paid off. Right now my lifestyle is really not conducive to owning more than one vehicle. I'm single, living in a townhome in the middle of the city. I could see myself doubling up with two in the garage again one day but not until it makes financial sense. I would like to be debt free by the time I'm 50. :)

My 2007 997.1 GT3 is one of my few that I regret selling. I'd gladly take another 2007 or 2008 GT3 but I'll likely end up in a CPO or lightly used 991.2 GT3. I could also talk myself into spending far less and picking up a 2019-2020 GT350R as well which is about as close as one can get to a GT3 from the domestic offerings. I lived in Plano for 8 years (not surprising that is also when I had the GT3 lol), it's hard to live in the DFW and not be coaxed into the Porsche lifestyle, they are everywhere up there. Oddly enough the P-Car's are quite popular on this forum as well, they kind of go hand in hand with those that own Cruisers and then there's those three letter brand owners too, yuck lol.

I've had 17 different vehicles since I turned 16 and started driving :facepalm: I'll turn 37 next month which averages out to a new car every year. Some made it as long as 4 years, others made it as long as a couple of months. On a 3 occassions I had two in the garage at the same time. (A truck paired with a sports car) Like you I haven't really found anything I wanted to keep for the long haul but in recent years my thinking has changed and I am ready to get off the hamster wheel of endless car consumerism. I'm already having mixed feelings in letting my 4R go in a couple of weeks but I also know deep down it was not going to stick around longer than another year or two at best so figure why not try the 200 and see how I get on with it? If I like it enough it will be paid off early and if not... well the hamster wheel continues I suppose. 🙃

I am 39 and as embarrassing as it is for me to say outloud, I have owned 37 vehicles lol, damn near one for every year I have been alive. Of those 37 only two remain at the moment and 17 of those have been Toyota's or Lexus vehicles. I too am growing tired of endless swing door of vehicles but it's almost a given if I don't "love" the vehicle. I do regret selling a few now that I look back on it but most I don't miss in the least.

The way we are setup now I will likely keep the misses in something new every 2-4 years and I will attain a city/around town daily for myself next year, no clue what that might be at this moment. The Cruiser will be retired from daily use and will see camping/off-road/hunting use but remain parked outside of those needs in hopes of preserving it longer and ultimately extending it's lifecycle.

So, I'm 41 and I have lost count of how many cars I have registered, let alone owned... I think I was at 8 or 9 before I graduated high school! LOL! Pretty sure I'm pushing 150 cars, but I'm afraid to count. I will say out of all of those, my 80-Series and 100-Series had the longest tenure... I'm expecting the 200 to be the same deal.

At this point, I dont need a full size truck, so a PW or anything else isn't going to happen. I hardly drive the LC, it spends more of its life parked than on trails or highways. It's one of the vehicles I've had longest, and don't see it going anywhere, mostly because the only things I'd want to replace it with aren't feasible yet(RS6 avant, taycan cross, e63 wagon).

At this point, I dont need a full size truck, so a PW or anything else isn't going to happen. I hardly drive the LC, it spends more of its life parked than on trails or highways. It's one of the vehicles I've had longest, and don't see it going anywhere, mostly because the only things I'd want to replace it with aren't feasible yet(RS6 avant, taycan cross, e63 wagon).

Drop the Taycan from those three and you've got winners.

100%. The wagon body is the biggest appeal. Where have we gone as a people that no one makes wagons anymore?

Agreed, it's sad. I love a performance wagon. Looking back, the CTS-V Wagon was a lot cooler than we ever realized, sadly it's still a GM haha. I'd kill for the Avant or E63 wagons but they sell for $30-50K over sticker which is insane.

Cool photo! Wonder what camper is behind the Raptor. We sold a pop up recently and I like the size of the little guy.

It's an Airstream Basecamp 16. If you're into shorter camping trips with a small family, and prefer to be outdoors more than inside, it's a great camper. Has all the amenities to be comfortable or retreat to when things get windy or nasty outside. Tows super easy. Can park it in any community without neighbors or HOA being offended it's upscale looking.

I helped him find it last year. Threatened to buy it if he didn't. He loves the thing.

Those are so intriguing but I can't get over the sticker price for what it offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom