IH8TREES.COM or my week at Flat Nasty (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This event absolutely cemented, in my mind, why folks should be members of TLCA. THE PEOPLE. Everyone helping everyone whether spotting, wrenching, a cold number 6 while making new friends around a campfire etc etc. If your not a member, you are missing out.

A big X2 on that.

It was great to see some old friends from previous runs (Thad and Marty) and make a bunch more new ones.

When we would have a breakdown or hit a rough spot on the trail, we'd all cringe a little. Then when we overcame and were rolling again we couldn't stop smiling.

Then after three days of bouncing and crunching and sliding and scraping, I put the 80 in high range and smoothly cruised the 715 miles home without so much as a peep out of her. I love my truck! :grinpimp:

I also gotta say - Robbie is THE MAN! Having him on the trail gives you instant confidence and his spotting is the best I've ever seen or had. I hope I get to wheel with him again.

Nice movie Ken!!

Now you know why lots of us East Coasters (ie: tree wheelers) take our flares off. They suck in the trees!

Like the "Ken sitting back and enjoying a cigar" section too....

Thanks for the reportage!
-o-

Final tally for the event:

59 registered rigs, 4 no-shows
38 additional passengers over 15
~ 10 kids

40's, 55's, 60's, 62's, 80's, LX450's, 100's, and FJ's (and a token Sami).

Thanks for the seat Woody - I need to learn how to wheel the LX450 once I've taken care of the driveline issues. I'll be putting Romer and Robbie's suggestions to the test.

It was great to have everyone out there. Thanks for attending!

HEY!

were's all the "hardcore" pics???
all i see are 80's :D

;) just bustin on ya'll great pics :cheers:

Cooper's response when I told him we were going to run the Bunny Trail...

"You've got to be kiddin' me!"
misc cooper 074 (Small).jpg

Thanks for the great event, TAC guys.. I had a great time. A very long trip report (with pictures) resides on our RS site http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=2211 I look forward to seeing you all again at another TLCA event in the future, or hopefully sooner. Big thumbs up to everyone who made the trek out.

It looks like it was a great time. I'm sure Oleg is glad that the Colorado guys were able to make it.

Great write-up Tim. I started thinking I was actually there.

Oh, wait a minute....:doh: :grinpimp:

I'd go back again next weekend!

Working on plans for CM10. Buck already has the green light. His wife and daughter will come, too.

Me, I'm waiting to find out if I will be employed. The soon-to-be owner (BASF by all accounts) is haggling over severance packages...they plan to offer quite a few from what we are hearing :frown:

Tim, it would be great to see you and Buck at CM in May. We had a great time hanging with you.

As mentioned before, nice write up Tim. Looks like a fun time had by all. Maybe next year...

hey Woody,
Did Wickett make it? He told me he was going but I haven't any photo's of his rig. What about Casey was he there?

Kurt

Those pictures really tell the story of how tight it was.

Those pictures really tell the story of how tight it was.

Thats the east coast brotha...................:D

Paragon is probably a little worse than some of what I'm seeing in your vid and pics.

You get used to it.:flipoff2:

You get used to it.:flipoff2:

I don't have to. The rockies have hundreds of trails where tree avoidance is not a major factor. Rocks and climbing up and around obstacles are the challenge. The armor of sliders and bumpers take care of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom