Ignition to starter solenoid wire for 5.3L Vortec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I understand the ignition to starter wire from steering column is the black-white, where is the best place to tap in to send the wire to the starter, steering column? Conversion was done several years ago using a Fuel Injection Specialties harness which was melted in a small fire. I ordered a Painless harness & now I am have to figure out a few things to get my truck going again.

Thanks,
ML

You don’t need to tap into anything? just put the Toyota wires to the Chevy starter. Engine harness doesn’t have anything to do with it

Thanks Matt,

I understand but when the intake caught fire a lot of wires were burnt, including starter wire, so I need to to run a wire from ignition to starter then. Just wanted to make sure I dong fry anything else.

Thanks Matt,

I understand but when the intake caught fire a lot of wires were burnt, including starter wire, so I need to to run a wire from ignition to starter then. Just wanted to make sure I dong fry anything else.

Did it burn all the way to the dash?? I don’t understand why you need to run a new wire instead of repairing what you have.
Are you asking which wire is the ignition wire? If so look in the FSM schematic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom