I want to see what tires and wheels you're running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2015 4Runner rims with 245-70-17 Firestone MT tires. Best tires I have ever owned.

IMG_0523.JPG

LX470.jpg

Just bought LX little over a month ago.
Stock wheels and Cooper tires
Recently purchased Tundra Wheels to put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Anyone know how they would look?
I have 1.5 OldMan lift. I'm looking to put 275/70R18 shoes. I hope they fit.
Should I put on bigger tires?

Recent upgrade-
275/70-18 K02 on Method NV w/+25mm offset.

8887839F-19FF-4EAF-A23A-AEB605194038.jpeg
9AEF1428-26AA-436E-BB40-24210508D89F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah its murdered out a little-there was no anthracite option in these wheels: black- silver-bronze. I had plans to PC or spray the faces anthracite to match the body moulding but couldn't find a reasonable price to do it ( almost as much as the wheels cost me). Contemplating vinyl wrapping the faces ( I saw a 200 with these NV's with the faces wrapped that looked great), but what a pita time consuming project to cut around all the spoke holes. And no to plasti-dip.

The wheels are 17" Rays Wheels. This is what they looked like. I came into the shop to find that the guys had already started prepping for paint by scuffing up the finish. I had been waffling about spraying them and had decided not to, and texted the shop, but the message had not reached down to the floor.
full

And rather than have them clearcoat them again, I decided to go ahead and spray the truck's body color just to see what it would be like. (The tires are General Tire Grabber 285/70/R17s.) Here's how that turned out:
full

And here is how it looks from a distance:
full

The paint looks like a slightly different shade in the photos but in person it is not at all obvious.

I like how these look--it appeals to me because I could imagine this color scheme up to the end of the 80's: solid light color with matching body and rims. I need to be able to drive up to a nice hotel without feeling out of place--plus I just like that understated look. The stock color on the Rays was just a little too much.

BTW, it was the PAB shop manager, Mr. Jobin, who suggested painting the little vent at the rear a gloss black. I think it is a great touch!

I dig the look man.

Jim

The wheels are 17" Rays Wheels. This is what they looked like. I came into the shop to find that the guys had already started prepping for paint by scuffing up the finish. I had been waffling about spraying them and had decided not to, and texted the shop, but the message had not reached down to the floor.
full

And rather than have them clearcoat them again, I decided to go ahead and spray the truck's body color just to see what it would be like. (The tires are General Tire Grabber 285/70/R17s.) Here's how that turned out:
full

And here is how it looks from a distance:
full

The paint looks like a slightly different shade in the photos but in person it is not at all obvious.

I like how these look--it appeals to me because I could imagine this color scheme up to the end of the 80's: solid light color with matching body and rims. I need to be able to drive up to a nice hotel without feeling out of place--plus I just like that understated look. The stock color on the Rays was just a little too much.

BTW, it was the PAB shop manager, Mr. Jobin, who suggested painting the little vent at the rear a gloss black. I think it is a great touch!

Started with TRD Rock Warriors and 285/70/17 BFG T/A KOs but upgraded tires to 285/70/17 Procomp AT Sports. I am blown away at the tires capability both on and off road, how quiet they are, snow and rain performance, plus it comes with a factory treadwear warranty of 60K miles.

IMG_0160.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom