I tried (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
but failed.

This was to the head guys at Greenville Techs body shop.

Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:35 PM
To: Mike Lockaby
Subject: Thought I would ask

Mike I was wondering if Greenville Tech used any outside cars or vehicles for body shop training? I have heard in the past of other schools using people vehicles to work on as long as they paid for materials. I'm assuming that you do that your only looking for specific vehicles. I've been in the process of restoring my 1976 Toyota Land cruiser. The mechanicals are pretty much through but the body need some panels replaced and the whole thing needs a paint job.

I'm also the safety and membership person for the Upstate Cruisers ( a Toyota Land cruiser Club). Our club consists of over 60 vehicle in the Upstate. I have no idea if there is anything we might be able to do for your classes but we would be willing to talk about anything you might be interested in. Feel free to check us out. www.upstatecruiser.net

I have also sent this e-mail to Ricky.

Thank you for your time.

Marshall Shepherd

This was his response.

Marshall,

In the past we took outside projects for specific areas being taught at that time. However, we no longer are allowed to take outside work in for the students to use as projects. Sorry!

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High schools are always another option...I know my highschool had an auto mechanics class.

That seems to be the trend with trade schools/community colleges. The autoclasses at the CC where I teach no longer works on vehicles older than 12 years due to certification training. Sucks for me because they don't work on diesels either. I guess I need to learn to fix my own crap.

Career centers did a few years back, and if yo uknwo someone within one you might be able to get it in. But its not exactly perfect work. Newberry County has one near the high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom