Wanted I GOT ONE!!!! - FJ55 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
OK...

I hesitate to put this out there because I am still on the front end of my FJ40 build. That being said, I am thinking about my next build being a FJ55 and they seem to be really hard to find at a reasonable price. It took me about 6 months to find my FJ40, so I am just putting this out there.

If anyone knows of a FJ55 in the south east (GA, SC, Tenn, Ala, etc.) for a fair/good deal, let me know. I looking for something that is rough but mostly complete (probably not running and needs lots of work, rust is OK... like I said, a project). The cheaper the better ($500-$2000 range)

I am still on the front end of my FJ40 build, so I am not in a hurry. However, if it is a good deal, I can grab it and hold on to it until I am finished with the FJ40.

No need to send me $6000 - $25,000 rigs, parts cars with nothing left, or ones on the other side of the country. I am looking for a "diamond in the rough" 4-5 hours away that I can load on a trailer and bring it home :)

060618-1974-Toyota-FJ55-Land-Cruiser-1-630x390.jpg

lc-3-630x390.jpg

Last edited:
You’ve seen the Tupelo truck listing? I’m know there is wiggle room in his price.

You’ve seen the Tupelo truck listing? I’m know there is wiggle room in his price.
Thank you!

Yeah... I saw it. Unless he can "wiggle" down to less than half of what he is currently asking, that is significantly more than I can spend right now. Thank you for the lead though!!

I'm not in a hurry, so I can wait on a good deal. I got a great deal on my 40 by doing basically the same thing (patience, searching, and networking). The hunt is half the fun!

MM

There's one on facebook market place but for some stupid reason I can't post the link. geez
Yes...

Thanks. I will check them out!!

MM

@FJ40 MATT has a decent one that he has been parting out. Body looks above average for a 55. It might be perfect for your needs and budget. It's worth a longer drive to find a better starting point on the body.

Matt's FJ55

Last edited:
@FJ40 MATT has a decent one that he has been parting out. Body looks above average for a 55. It might be perfect for your needs and budget. It's worth a longer drive to find a better starting point on the body.

Matt's FJ55
Yes, we've talked. Thank you!

Might be worth dropping a line to

This is EXACTLY what I need! Why does this have to be on the other side of the country?? :(

Untitled.jpg

There's '70 on fb marketplace in Cartersville for 6k
Yes. I have actually talked to that guy on the phone. He has it listed here on MUD as well. He is a super nice guy! I can't spend that much right now. I am right in the middle of restoring my FJ40. If I could pick one up like the one in Eugene for $950, that would be a SCORE. I am not in a hurry so I will keep my eye out. One will come along in my price range that is not too far away in the next year or so and I'll grab it.

Thanks!!!

MM

You'll have to drive a little farther, but there's one in Searcy, AR on CL/FB that's on the edge of your price range.

You might consider mine but it's in Southern Colorado. $3250 needs the usual body work (doors and all floors are very good.) extra rust free tailgate but everything works good from all lights to engine and running gear and gauges. all original. Currently licensed and I drive it occasionally but has to go d/t space limitations. If you want will send pics text or email, but it is a great 1976 FJ55. Frame great shape, New clutch, rebuilt transfer with no leaks underneath or between tranny and transfer, great BFG AT tires. even the tailgate motor works with new metal SOR gear in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom