I Force V8

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Visit site
And expensive, And limited aftermarket, and expensive to repair and not as much torque as other engine options.
But it would be Toyota and that would be cool. I'd like to see a 1FZE in one. although it would have all the same problems.

Visit site
I'd go for the 1UZFE (the i-force is the 2UZFE cast iron block), which is the aluminum block 4.0L from the Lexus cars, 260hp stock, 6 bolt mains, roughly 400lbs, it would work nice. The early units are approaching 14 years old, so parts prices are quite reasonable. There are a series of problems with mating them to manual trannys... but all have been solved. check out http://www.lextreme.com

Visit site
all this hoopla about aluminium engines, really, without cast blocks how do you teather your boat? aluminium blocks lose performance as they heat up too.

Visit site
I agree with Gumbo, a blown 1FZ-FE would be very nice, kinda of like the F of its day, torque, heavy, well built and will outlast Strom Thurmond. :D
It will move an 80 around very easily, think about it strapped to a 40 :eek:

Visit site
Thanks for the info guys. I work all day at a Toyota dealership in Houston. The only thing that keeps me from strangling the customers who want to give me 20K for a 2004 Land Cruiser is the test drives give ample time to think of how I can keep the 40 as Toyota as possible. Wrecked Tundras and Sequoias should be easy to find. The engine and electronics could be pulled while the rest is parted out. Im checking on the width of the engine to see if it clears the frame. More when I get it.

Visit site
[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=12;threadid=5525;start=msg43970#msg43970 date=1064288147]
anyone strapped twin turbo's to a 2f?
[/quote]

The 2F has 4 main bearings, correct? Not my choice for hopping up.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=12;threadid=5525;start=msg43970#msg43970 date=1064288147]
anyone strapped twin turbo's to a 2f?
[/quote]

Jason Mace has a turbo on his 2F and it fully gets it!

As for the Iforce, TLC in California put Tundra running gear under a 4dr Banderante last year and he told me that he would NEVER have done it if Toyota had not sponsored the swap.

He said it would be a nightmare to make the engine work with any other tranny/transfer setup.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Visit site
[quote author=bjowett link=board=12;threadid=5525;start=msg45325#msg45325 date=1064623288]
There are adpaters available from a place in OZ. forgot the name... they have a webpage. The 2UZ is a great engine.... a 350w/ 4B carb won't touch it, save for price and easier to swap. :D
[/quote]

Not for reliablity for sure, but for the price I could buy a brand new self contained Vortec 5.7 with a factory warranty and have time and money left over for :beer:
Granted, I'll have to fix it more often than a 2UZ or a 1FZE, but...

Visit site
thanks for the replies. I checked with parts at the dealer .........almost 10k just for engine. im still looking at the 1FZE swap. these engines had to come with a 5 speed in other countries, right?

Gus

SILVER Star
Visit site
I'd imagine a few of you have seen Rod Millen's FJ45 wagon "Retrocruiser", featured in the four wheelin mags around 1999-00. That rig had an I-force in it, but then again that rig was insainly expensive and it was a one-off. The late model over-seas diesel cruisers were available with manual trannys, one could build up one of those to kick the crap out of the I-Force or a GM motor.

Toyoland66

SILVER Star
Visit site
Rod Millen's retro also had I beleive 4 wheel independent suspension (or maybe just the front) and kevlar or something composite skidplates, and best of all TOYOTA SPONSORED IT ($bling$) , that rig is pretty much a brand new car, not a fj45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom