I did the fog light switch mod and now my seat heaters won't work. What am I missing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I performed the first part of this mod:

Toyota 4Runner Independent use of Fog Light Mod

Like it says, I bent prong #2 of the relay and attached the adapter and ran it to the 25A seat heater fuse. The mod works great, I can use the fog lights whenever I want. But seat heaters are shot. The switch still lights up and acts like it's getting power, but no heat. And if I remove the adapter and put the fuse back to factory condition, seat heaters work fine.

So what is happening here? There are 2 slots in the fuse adapter. Are there suppose to be fuses in both slots? Why is power not returning to the other side of the fuse slots on the car side?

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

Yes...the top fuse slot is for your new circuit. If you didn't put the seat fuse in the bottom slot you've done the same thing as totally removing your seat heater fuse

So I performed the first part of this mod:

Toyota 4Runner Independent use of Fog Light Mod

Like it says, I bent prong #2 of the relay and attached the adapter and ran it to the 25A seat heater fuse. The mod works great, I can use the fog lights whenever I want. But seat heaters are shot. The switch still lights up and acts like it's getting power, but no heat. And if I remove the adapter and put the fuse back to factory condition, seat heaters work fine.

So what is happening here? There are 2 slots in the fuse adapter. Are there suppose to be fuses in both slots? Why is power not returning to the other side of the fuse slots on the car side?

View attachment 2467833

View attachment 2467834
Tell us how you solved the problem! Thanks! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Tell us how you solved the problem! Thanks! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

captainva was correct! You need to have two fuses inserted to complete both circuits. If I have the single fuse in and swap it to the other slot, then my seat heaters work and fog lights don't. Swap it back, fog lights work and seat heaters don't. Just have to add another fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom