I am waiting for the hand me down. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! I like that OEM wheel style (F Sport?), which you don't see that often. Can't beat KO2's, have them on my Tundra & there is no going back, worth every penny!

Still, for me, I'll have to go with an aftermarket wheel with less offset like Konig Six Shooter. I'd consider keeping those OEM wheels for winter tires though...

Did you pull the car fax prior to the purchase? If so, where did it reside prior? Maybe a Fluid Film coating would help the carriage?
Works wonders on boats!

Did you pull the car fax prior to the purchase? If so, where did it reside prior? Maybe a Fluid Film coating would help the carriage?
Works wonders on boats!
It spent a year in Minneapolis. I knew that from the Carfax, however could never imagine one year causing that kind of damage....

Someone needs to make a sticky of the mods to make sure you do for the gx. Holy cow!!! I wasted a good chunk of my weekend to change the oil. yeah, the darn plastic filter housing cracked ( I was not using an impact) and then it was a race to find the aluminum housing. Had to go with one from amazon.com as no local dealers had the (15620-31060) toyota aluminum housing, then I had to go back and get a oil plug for the center of the new housing and o ring.

What a pain!!!

If you have not swapped to the aluminum housing, buy one now!

@StucknKS
1573484915505.png

Kelly, pn's for the plug/gasket? looks like I will be upgrading the one in my fleet that uses this.

Is it accurate to say that the GX 460 undercarriage is prone to surface rust more than other Toyotas? I have a California car that has similar surface rust on its parts. It started out in La Jolla, which is near the coast in San Diego. So, maybe that's why?

Is it accurate to say that the GX 460 undercarriage is prone to surface rust more than other Toyotas? I have a California car that has similar surface rust on its parts. It started out in La Jolla, which is near the coast in San Diego. So, maybe that's why?
In my case yes, and I have seen many others with terrible rust.... I am assuming that toyota will eventually have to be replacing frames again.

In my case yes, and I have seen many others with terrible rust.... I am assuming that toyota will eventually have to be replacing frames again.

I've been shopping for a GX but I live in Madison, WI and, if I find one with not that much rust, I then dither on buying it because I live here and know that after one winter it'll look like your MN GX underneath.

The thing you're doing with removing, blasting, priming, then painting undercarriage parts....is that a service that is offered somewhere that you know of? Would be tough for me to do without a lift, blasting cabinet, etc. and my garage is already extremely tight. Plus I only have one daily driver at a time and can't afford to have my truck laid up in the garage...

I've been shopping for a GX but I live in Madison, WI and, if I find one with not that much rust, I then dither on buying it because I live here and know that after one winter it'll look like your MN GX underneath.

The thing you're doing with removing, blasting, priming, then painting undercarriage parts....is that a service that is offered somewhere that you know of? Would be tough for me to do without a lift, blasting cabinet, etc. and my garage is already extremely tight. Plus I only have one daily driver at a time and can't afford to have my truck laid up in the garage...

most folks up north that are in rust prone areas spray the undercarraige before winter with some fish oil or fluid film or something like that.

Had an unfortunate problem. Never had a warning noise from the front brake pads before they went out. Appears that the metal squeaker actually rusted....so likely when it started making noise it broke off. The result was that we had metal on metal and ruined the rotor. So installed Bosch quiet cast rotors and pads....

48B7DD97-657D-48B8-9198-72D75923FEF5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom