HZJ75 Roof welding help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings everyone!

I am located here in the UK and I currently am a new owner of a ex-firetruck (HZJ75). As y'all know it comes with a bulbous roof that I am personally not a fan of. I recently purchased the roof section and I am doing TONS of research about MIG welding. This task scares me to no end and all the purchases are sitting in my cart.

s-l1600123123.jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg

I've tried top contact multiple shops here in the UK but shops are unwilling to take on the job because I don't think they're familiar with this sort of vehicle and job because HZJ75 double cabs are quite rare here. Any pieces of advice? Or perhaps anyone here in the UK that doesn't mind coming over for a few beers? (Of course compensated for your time).

I've tried to search far and wide here on the forum and the inter-webs in general but I can't seem to find something similar to this.

Cheers!

s-l1600.jpg

have a look here

have a look here

Thanks for the link! I have seen and follow this thread, unfortunately when he did his roof he took it to a shop.

well, if you want to ship it to my house we can tackle it. :p

i know he didnt go into much detail at all because the shop did the work, but i thought maybe you hadnt seen his thread and maybe could reach out to ask him a few Q's...

its really not a difficult job if you have some decent welding skills, pretty much everything about it is already marked and measured for you, its all spot welds, with seam sealer and body filler to finish.

Last edited:
well, if you want to ship it to my house we can tackle it. :p

i know he didnt go into much detail at all because the shop did the work, but i thought maybe you hadnt seen his thread and maybe could reach out to ask him a few Q's...

its really not a difficult job if you have some decent welding skills, pretty much everything about it is already marked and measured for you, its all spot welds, with seam sealer and body filler to finish.
I would love to ship it to Arizona! Not sure if there's an overnight Fedex shipping option though... haha!

yeah, I think |I'll do a bit more research to see

I agree with Coldtaco.
In the States, or at least in my state, there are an infinity of shops that will do collision work and only a few that are willing to deal with rust and/or panel forming.
I have a 68 MGBGT that may never be finished since I need to go back and re-do some sections where my beginner’s welds of years ago that are less than great. If I knew Then what I know Now…..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom