HZJ75 500,000km daily (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks

First time poster long time reader.

No idea if this is the place but I guess you will point me at the right sub forum.

I’m looking into buying a used hzj75 troopy with the 1hz no turbo. It’s a model year 1999 and it’s driven a total of 500,000km
I’m thinking about using it as a daily during the winter and as a hunting and camping truck during the other parts of the year.

The rust is what you expect but the frame is solid and the chassis have been fixed and painted 2 twice. Once right driver side and once right side rear.
New brake lines and much more done to it.

Ibe owned both Land Cruiser pardi and patrol and I’m currently driving a 1990 hilux but I need more room for the dogs. That is weather protected.
The wife is gonna drive the hilux.

So if the rust won’t kill it can I buy and get another 250,000km before I need to tear down the engine and so forth.

Sorry for my bad English but am from Sweden.

Best regards
A

Hi folks

First time poster long time reader.

No idea if this is the place but I guess you will point me at the right sub forum.

I’m looking into buying a used hzj75 troopy with the 1hz no turbo. It’s a model year 1999 and it’s driven a total of 500,000km
I’m thinking about using it as a daily during the winter and as a hunting and camping truck during the other parts of the year.

The rust is what you expect but the frame is solid and the chassis have been fixed and painted 2 twice. Once right driver side and once right side rear.
New brake lines and much more done to it.

Ibe owned both Land Cruiser pardi and patrol and I’m currently driving a 1990 hilux but I need more room for the dogs. That is weather protected.
The wife is gonna drive the hilux.

So if the rust won’t kill it can I buy and get another 250,000km before I need to tear down the engine and so forth.

Sorry for my bad English but am from Sweden.

Best regards
A

Edit

It has a fully documented service history and it’s regularly maintained.

Hi ADHD, welcome.

What is truly encouraging in the above troopy is the documented history and the fact that it is well maintained. These 1hz engines are used in the coaster busses and they typically will go 1,000,000kms before they are retired (still running).

If you are even more picky, you could get a full inspection done - compression test and oil analysis to be sure of the condition. Otherwise, this sounds like it should be a good candidate for purchase. Maintenance history and regular maintenance is huge. The fact that this has been well maintained, speaks for itself and sounds like a solid purchase for you.

Other signs for wear that may need attention - seals, slop in u-joints, front end links, wheel bearings, etc. Dried up rubber - coolant hoses, fuel lines, vacuum lines. All small stuff and doable by most people, but they can add up.

Good luck!

Hi ADHD, welcome.

What is truly encouraging in the above troopy is the documented history and the fact that it is well maintained. These 1hz engines are used in the coaster busses and they typically will go 1,000,000kms before they are retired (still running).

If you are even more picky, you could get a full inspection done - compression test and oil analysis to be sure of the condition. Otherwise, this sounds like it should be a good candidate for purchase. Maintenance history and regular maintenance is huge. The fact that this has been well maintained, speaks for itself and sounds like a solid purchase for you.

Other signs for wear that may need attention - seals, slop in u-joints, front end links, wheel bearings, etc. Dried up rubber - coolant hoses, fuel lines, vacuum lines. All small stuff and doable by most people, but they can add up.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply!
Much appreciated

That’s all the encouragement i need to buy this truck.
I was hoping for such answers.
All the serviceable pieces will be done by me once I buy it.
I need to change the timing belt when I buy it not because of mileage but age. The truck has been a summer/low usage truck during the last 6 years.
But I figure it can be done on the parking lot since it’s not that hard.

I have a 1991 HZJ75 very close to 500,000 and she still runs strong.

20221218_095728.jpg

I had a troopy 1989 HJ75 with a 2h-t with 630k Kms on the clock. Daily drove it for about 8 months... some days it was fun... others it was a lot. I would travel 160kms a day 5 days a week to work as well as any other grocery getting duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom