Hyperflex Arms and Superior Links for my 80 Series Review. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I would put a post up about the Superior Engineering Hyperflex arms I am going to fit onto my 80 Series, currently it is all stock suspension wise and I have seen a few opinions about them so thought I would do a bit of a review as I fit them.

I bought the Arms out of Australia and although I have not run the Hypeflex in this configuration I have run the Superflex which was the one before that consisted of the Hyperflex on one side and traditional style on the other.

So my shopping list:
- Hyperflex Arms 3" lift 80 series LHD - $1724
- Panhard Rod LHD Front - Adjustable - $303
- Bump Stop Extensions - $132
- Lower Control Arms - $413
- Panhard Rod Rear LHD - Adjustable - $303
- Upper Control Arms - Adjustable - $424

So all up I was looking at $3299 AUD or $2420 USD plus some freight.

When the kit arrived it was to say the least bloody heavy and left no doubt I could beat the crap out of it and not have a failure till well past destruction of other bits.
Suspenion.jpg

When put next to the factory parts they are somewhat larger :)
2021-07-18 11.18.53.jpg
2021-07-18 11.34.10.jpg
2021-07-18 13.20.48.jpg
2021-07-18 16.39.21.jpg

Fitting will be pretty straight forward simply unbolt the factory junk and put on this stuff. I expect to have to trim a brake line retainer tab on the drivers side which holds the ABS line as it over laps the side of the radius arm mount and the new plates will be going there.

I will keep you posted !!

A well known forum member who I don’t think has been active for awhile rolled his Cruiser with those arms on the highway. He contributed the roll to those arms.

@Delancy

Cheers

My personal opinion is of you want flex, 3-link it.

I don’t mind radius arms because I do like the on road handling of a ridged arm. Plus mine flexes good enough for my uses.

Cheers

A well known forum member who I don’t think has been active for awhile rolled his Cruiser with those arms on the highway. He contributed the roll to those arms.

@Delancy

Cheers

Thats is pretty funny ..... so one guy with a modified cruiser rolled his cruiser and it was because of his hyperflex arms and the rest of his cruiser was stock no lift, no wheels, no sway bar mods, no roof rack etc etc etc and driving at the advised speed limit with the required level of attention .......

Unlike a lot of other arms on the market the Hyperflex have actually been tested and certified and one of those tests is directly to do with body roll and handling. Haveing been through the test with other products I use to sell I am pretty confident in saying the arms did not cause him to crash on its own and did not create an issue with vehicle handling outside of the prescribed limits.

The test results and approvals are availble on the web and from Mick at Superior ... I have been watching this s*** sling on his products go on for almost 20 years since back with the revolver shackle and now what do you know he is one of the few guys getting Design and Install Approval and most of the guys hacking on him are flogging off ther own versions without design approval or test results.

Now to be clear I dont know Delancy or his situation but engineering is engineering and if they where the cause of the crash I would be interested to hear about it.

My personal opinion is of you want flex, 3-link it.

I don’t mind radius arms because I do like the on road handling of a ridged arm. Plus mine flexes good enough for my uses.

Cheers
If your worried about handing characteristics of HyperFlex arms then I dount doing a 3 link would meet your safety standard as welding and chassis mods is a complete other story for vehicle handling.

So weight wise

Radius Arms

Stock - 22 LBS

Hyperflex - 42 LBS

2021-07-18 16.38.48.jpg
2021-07-18 16.39.04.jpg

Perfect timing, I was just looking at Hyperflex arms. I'm leaning more towards the Delta VS arms though. I'm looking forward to your review either way.

I'm running Slee caster plates now but the OE control arms are making contact with the tie rod and as much of a cheapskate as I am I don't want to do the old angel grinder mod.

Perfect timing, I was just looking at Hyperflex arms. I'm leaning more towards the Delta VS arms though. I'm looking forward to your review either way.

I'm running Slee caster plates now but the OE control arms are making contact with the tie rod and as much of a cheapskate as I am I don't want to do the old angel grinder mod.

Hopefully you wont have to wait to long as I am booked for a trip in August :)

Same here except running Dobinson plates. Noticed it had been rubbing after the first offroad outing.

I’ve heard that the hyperflex arms perform better when running an oversized arm for your lift ie. a 6” arm for a 4” lift. I got in contact just in time with extreme guys to try and get the 6” instead of 4” and they promised they would let me know what they can do. So far I pieced together the ome 2419-2422 springs and 60070L-P & 60071L-P shocks from toytec. In the rear I recently installed the metal tech offset control arm bundle. I’m patiently waiting for those hyperflex arms.

90B50EFD-8122-4DFD-B671-842CA422C593.jpeg

3D2D78FF-1456-432C-B541-7310676FD4D9.jpeg

70A9FCE6-773F-4608-B034-2A73256F1834.jpeg

C952CE82-9040-4946-9E3B-338403F2031B.jpeg

074F272E-B3F9-404F-861C-7F2107CED5EF.jpeg

So what happened with all these installs? Everyone still dirty-side down? How are things holding up? Inquiring minds want to know...

So, these beefy bar and rod replacements LOOK very nice--but are they well-suited to, say, a 2-2.5" lift that's NOT running hyperflex or superflex radius arms? Maybe running something like Superior Engineering's "regular" arms, or Delta's, something like that?

Last edited:

Jaymar, here is a video of some hyperflex arms I found on youtube last night. I'm not sure if this is the OP of the post (different wheels)

That one could use a rear sway bar. The rear was fully stuffed, and rubbing, front still had a couple of inches before it was on bump stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom