Husky vs. WeatherTech vs. OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I prefer the 3dMaxpider matts. They clean up easy and look nice. Photos of them on my LX here: Builds - Got a 200 - Here it goes - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/got-a-200-here-it-goes.1112630/#post-12093083

And the OEM rubber trunk liner
I am also in the market for floor mats and like the look of the 3D Maxpider.

It is hard to tell from the pictures if they are compatible with the factory twist-type floor mat anchors that come in Toyota vehicles.

Can someone that has them comment on that please? Thank you!

I am also in the market for floor mats and like the look of the 3D Maxpider.

It is hard to tell from the pictures if they are compatible with the factory twist-type floor mat anchors that come in Toyota vehicles.

Can someone that has them comment on that please? Thank you!
If you're talking about the front mats, yes, they share the same hole pattern for the clips as the stock mats.

Husky makes the better mat, anyone who says otherwise is either in denial or has never owned Husky mats.
I have had a 4Runner and Sequoia w/ Husky and liked them both...but now have WT in my Land Cruiser 200.....I would call the Husky very "utility" feel and the WT a bit more "luxury" feel. They just look nicer and fit better in my opinion.

It’s extremely thin, has no weight, and nothing to keep it from sliding ALL over the trunk.
This is my biggest gripe with the cargo mat. That and the lip is stupid as well. Only thing I like about the WT mats is they came with the rig.

Weathertech is a joke. The trunk liner is a huge POS.

Husky or 16+ OEM rubber front, OEM for back row and trunk.
Same here, I got the weathertech for my '13 LC, and I wish I would have got something without all the cut-outs for the third row. They do OK, but they do move a bit, and it's annoying that it doesn't go edge to edge.

I had weather tech in my GX470 and was planning to do again with the LC. However, when I saw the OEM mats in the LC, I was confident that these meet my needs and seem better than weather tech. However, having lived in a snowy climate prior, I can see the need for the depth of the weather techs compared to OEM. No experience with husky, sorry.

When shopping these different mats there is no difference between the 2018-2021 year model trucks, is this correct?

When shopping these different mats there is no difference between the 2018-2021 year model trucks, is this correct?
Correct

For anyone that loves the factory rubber all weather mats, I have a great condition set from my '16 that I have no use for (I run Wearhertech mats year round). Make me an offer.

It doesn’t appear anyone here is making the distinction between the OEM weather liners and the OEM weather mats. Are the OEM liners thicker than the weather tech/husky? Or is it pretty much same?

I bought the husky cargo liner and returned it because it didn’t feel like it was ever going to look like it was supposed to be there. Maybe it would have been better if it had been hot and would have molded to interior better, but I gave it a week in fall weather and it always looked like it didnt really fit and looked cheap.
I ended up going with the OEM weather mats (not liners) for all non cargo mats because they looked the thickest. They definitely do not have the coverage of any of the 3 products being compared here. But they are heavier and fit and look the part.

Anyone run the max spider in winter locations? How do they hold up to snow / salt? I’ve had weathertech in my 08 since purchasing used in 2012. Have held up good. Hit them with a pressure washer in spring and good to go.

I like the 2-row version of the Aussie mat so much, so I also recently improted the 3-row version:

IMG_6854.jpeg

I have Weathertech and they have functioned as a floor mat should function (to protect the carpet) and without any issues/leaks/deformations. I am sure based on having Husky mats in previous vehicles they would work just as well.

I bought Weathertech because they were on sale and have no regrets.

The biggest issue with the Weathertechs is that the front run driver's liner only covers half of the dead pedal. Not only can this be uncomfortable but if you get in with wet / muddy / snowy shoes you will have stuff getting down between the mat and the carpet floor which defeats the whole point of having the liners. We have Weathertechs in most of our other cars but the Husky liners are definitely my preference for the front row of the 200. The Husky 2nd row isn't great especially if you are tall as moving the front seat(s) back will deform it. Husky cargo liner is fine but not ideal. My long term plan is to keep the Husky liners up front and do the stock Lexus 2nd row and cargo (non-3rd row) liners unless I decide to go full Lexus liners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom