hummer rims on a D60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got some D60's (dodge single wheel) and was planning to run cheap Hummer beadlocks to keep the width down. I am concerned about potential clearence issues with that extreme 7.5 inch backspacing- anyone running this setup or similar? What about hi-steer options?

Thanks

Wagoneer Machine makes high steer arms that will clear the full 7.5 back space you have to chop off the factory steering arm to get it that far back though.  Or get them recentered 6" back space for 65$ each and run whatever arms you want. I run 5.5 back space TRs on my D60 and stock steering arms and it clears for days!

Eric_Dlux,

Who is AFM and do they have a website? Do your hi-steer arms clear Hummer rims? Any modifications to the existing knuckles?

Chris

It is not an issue if you are building an off-road rig, but if this rig will see a lot of driving on the road there may be some issues with the Ackerman angle. It seems to me that a D60 steering arm that is made to clear a 7.5" BS rim will not meet the requirements for correct Ackerman steering geometry.

Ackerman angle? School me. What is it how does it affect handling and why?

Yes it will see street time- not a DD but a pretty fair amount. I'd actually like to be able to drive it safely for long highway road trips to desirable offroad locales. Anything else I need to consider? most likely 35min-40max tire size if that is a factor with Ackerman Angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom