Hum/vibration correlation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was planning on taking the Cruiser to my folks palce this weekend with the family. Last couple of days I started to notice a slight whine/hum from what I thoghut was the transmission, cause it would go away when i took foot of gas pedal. BUT when listening for the hum I notice my left foot sittin on the floor rest had a slight vibe under it when i had the whine/hum going on, and the vibe would stop when the whine/hum goes away. I am thinknig it maybe the birf or wheel bearing in the driveside axle. since that is the knuckle that is leaking worse than the other. Enough that it drips oil (bad inner seal) onto my tire when parked. I am not sure how bad it is, it isnt a huge whine/hum but I do notice it, but then again the truck is so new I am trying to identify all sounds. Since I cant go into it while at work, is it safe to beleive the issue is in that corner? Or is it something related to the AWD in the truck and i am just sensing the torque being transfered to the driveside birf/wheel and it is normal? I am cautious now to take teh truck for the weekend. If it is just something normal I would still like to drive the truck, but if my description is not normal then i will park it and go throguh the knuckles this week.

Will it do it in park or neutral? i had a similar issue. Mine turned out to be the exhaust bracket on the back of the muffler broke and the tail pipe was now resting on the frame. Vibrating and grinding with the dirt in between the exhaust and frame. Not sure if that helps but it is worth a look.

HAHAHAHA I already have that exhaust sound and that is a whole differnt ball game. Mount broke behind cats that hold it up. The cats grind on the dented shield that is pushed in towards cats and the rear tailpipe hits the frame. This is differnt that that. The sound doesnt hppen in nuetral or park. It seems to be related to when gas is given to the motor. :)

tHanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom