Huh 19.8 mpg? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove all around Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons...19.8 mpg?? Uphill,downhill, lots of stops. I did fill up on some gas that was ethanol free..

At home I’m averaging 14.5
70BA5E83-AC65-4093-8963-75F87303CCEA.jpeg

Damn i wish i could average 14.5.

Probably because you havent driven enough miles to get an accurate reading.

I removed some Dakine rack pads and increased my MPG by 1. It’s nice going almost 400 miles on a tank.

I removed some Dakine rack pads and increased my MPG by 1. It’s nice going almost 400 miles on a tank.

wow i barely make 220

wow i barely make 220
That's cali for you bro. We have the s*** gas that is like 10% ethanol, terrible traffic, and stop light everywhere. I avg 11MPG City, 12mpg mix. lol. fill up the tank around 220-240miles

Found VP racing fuel in Westminister ill try running ethanol free high octane and see if mpg changes at all

I'm in Florida which is pretty flat and not bad on traffic. But still, no matter how much I grama drive, can't pull off more than 240-250 out of 20 gallons.

It they're aero racks you only get 0.5 MPG better? Ha

When my wife and I went to Yellowstone for our honeymoon we took her Camry. That car always got 27mpg at home in Kansas, but got 43mpg while at Yellowstone. I had to fill up because I thought the gas gauge was busted since it wasn't falling fast enough :steer:

Drove all around Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons...19.8 mpg?? Uphill,downhill, lots of stops. I did fill up on some gas that was ethanol free..

At home I’m averaging 14.5View attachment 2417450

Just went through my gas log. I filled up 4 times/70 gallons in Yellowstone/Grand over a bit more than a thousand miles driving last summer. Average MPGs were 17.3, 15.0, 16.5, and 15.4.

Over the last year I’ve driven about 22,000 miles and used 1,500 gallons of gas for an average MPG of 14.6, so in my case I wouldn’t call Yellowstone/Grand a significant outlier in terms of fuel efficiency, but it was consistently a bit better than average.

Not as good as I was getting on Canadian gas — 17.6 mpg average over 4,000 miles! — but Canadian gas is also much more expensive so it didn’t end up being any cheaper.

Maybe I'm oldschool (or old), but I've found the only way to accurately measure MPG is manually: fill - drive - fill - calculate (based on miles driven, fuel burned, tire size, etc). Are we sure the trip computer is up to this challenge?

Maybe I'm oldschool (or old), but I've found the only way to accurately measure MPG is manually: fill - drive - fill - calculate (based on miles driven, fuel burned, tire size, etc). Are we sure the trip computer is up to this challenge?

Pretty sure most people do it manually the computer is just an estimate.

My calculations are based on odometer and gas pump readings, though my ScanGauge usually gets within 0.1 mpg of the manual numbers.

19 is very good and would be impossible for me to get here in CA. Whenever I get a new vehicle, I calculate the MPG about 5 times. I take the lowest MPG result and that's what I tell people I get.

I get 14 mpg on the LC, but my 50 MPG daily driver makes up for it (at least in my mind) lol

LOL. I think the roof rack takes 2mpg on top of the tires.

If you didn't calibrate your tires for the bigger rolling diameter, your number will show 10% low, meaning if you got 220 out of your tank, it's actually 242 actual miles since your odometer and speedometer is off.

Welp i figured out how to get good mileage. Go 55 mph on cruise control. This would save some significant money. I could see a stock truck doing over 25mpg.

IMG_20200827_171444.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom