Hugely Dissappointed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guy's are hard to please. Take it for what it is and enjoy it or not. I for one do not want something new to look like my old 40. They built it to make money not to impress a few hard core purist. This should open up some new markets for them. Not everyone can afford a new lexus.

Panzer said:
*all new Jeeps have looked the same for 40 damn years and they still sell a ton of them. Why not the cruiser?*

ding-ding we have a winner! Exactly-Jeep has used the same basic platform and sells about 56,000 units per year. Should have paid more homage to the FJ40, on the same platform and I think the sales response would have been far greater long term than this will be. Without some serious changes I don't see this truck having a long term future in the toyota lineup. JMHO.

They couldn't sell FJ-40s in the 80s why would you think they would sell them now? Poseurs are going to buy Jeeps because it's a jeep. They will not buy a more expensive bigger (ie less cute) version now any more than back then.

People who respect Toyotas and what a 4Runner and a Taco can do better than ANY other vehicle out there will appreciate the FJ Cruiser. I think it will kick Wrangler ass on the trail regardless of what they look like.

Aseif007 said:
And rear independant suspension?? What CRUISER has that? I'd bet that you would have to wait until the waranty is up to modify the suspension because I'd bet toyota will say that any damage caused to the driveline with aftermarket parts will void their warranty.

Rear independent suspension? Where did you get that? I see rear control arms in the back, I'm pretty sure it's a rear live axle like the pick-ups. You guys might not like it now, wait till all the aftermarket goodies come out and you see a nicely setup one and you might change your mind. Yes, it's not a cruiser but at least they made and attempt to satisfy wheelers, the GX470 kicks ass, so will this FJ Cruiser.

After looking at the PX10 and the SOR concept FJ40 I realize how dated that body style looks in contrast to todays modern vehicles. I can hope that Toyota offers it with lockers and winch and all the doo da that they mentioned, That Toyota sells a ton of them and that eventually leads to a ragtop version. The main thing that changed my mind was some of the Photochops. That truck on 35's might be OK.

How disapointing! They can keep that independant suspended H2 wanna be looking pimp mobile!

I want a BJ/HZJ-74. Why the fawk is that so damn much to ask?

TB

HZJ60 Guy said:
How disapointing! They can keep that independant suspended H2 wanna be looking pimp mobile!

I want a BJ/HZJ-74. Why the fawk is that so damn much to ask?

TB

You have said this a bunch of times.

WHy do you think it is a H2 wanna be??

Do you compare the latest 4 runner to a Tahoe??

Aseif007 said:
My bad, I read too fast. No IRS in the FJ. That still doesn't change my OPINION of them. I already have a Tacoma, why would I want one of those???? I called toyota today and they were surprised by my comments on the "NEW FJ". They said many families have called about these for their children, and that they will sell well in this market. If they called it a Scion or a Rav or something I wouldn't be that concerned, since that is what it closely resembles. But since they are calling it a CRUISER then it is obvious what they are trying to do. And I wouldn't modify the suspension one bit, you obviosly will void your warranty and I would be worried about damage caused by off-road use. I know I won't have to worry about it, I have real Land Cruisers!! I am not one of those guys who has accepted the 100 series either so I don;t want to hear the BS about "It will grow on you", NO IT WON;T!!!!!!

Why would they call it a scion or Rav? It isn't a unibody 4 cyl economy car? It is obvious they are trying to make money on a solid 4x4 vehicle with modern styling. It is not a Tacoma, so I don't think anybody would expect you to replace yours with an FJ. If you look closely at the FJC you will notice that there is no 5 or 6 foot long pickup bed, the wheelbase is shorter than your Taco, it is based on the 4r which has coil springs and a fully boxed frame unlike your taco, it is much more powerful, it seats 5, probably more comfortably than any Taco, except maybe the new crewcab, etc.
Bigger tires or modified suspension won't void your warranty, it is case by case and damage must be proven to be caused by the mods in order to deny warranty coverage. :rolleyes: :)

Aseif007 said:
If they called it a Scion or a Rav or something I wouldn't be that concerned, since that is what it closely resembles. But since they are calling it a CRUISER then it is obvious who they are trying to deceive.

I vote for Toyota Trekker or Stout...

Those are two names that this vehicle may be worthy of. But certainly not FJ, Cruiser or FJ Cruiser.

I didn't get my hopes up. I'd love to see something the size of a D90 with 105 series running gear and styled along the original lines of the 40. Just isn't going to happen. I can appreciate that Toyota wants to make money, but how about throwing your long time loyalists a bone!

How much design engineering would it take to do the above vehicle, a year maybe. All they would be designing is the body and interior, the more basic the approach the better, would work just fine.

Well, saw the Red Sox win the work series this year, maybe my grandson will be able to enjoy driving a brand new real Land Cruiser. That should give Toyota about 80 years.

Aseif007 said:
Thanks Captain Obvious!!
You're welcome, seemed like you needed help distinguishing it from a Tacoma :flipoff2:
<<<Bigger tires or modified suspension won't void your warranty, it is case by case and damage must be proven to be caused by the mods in order to deny warranty coverage>>>
-talk to the few in Australia who are dealing with this right now. Don't they have IFS??? Granted they probably go full speed, over-loaded, on the trails but it didn;t seem to matter too much before???????
That is with the 100 series, right? That is a torsion bar front independent suspension whch I assume is a very different beast.

Gentlemen please we have gone far off the topic that I originally started this post for which was to rip apart the fact that the styling is horrible and is merely trying to mimic noticeable traits from the old cruiser and not evolve the cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom