How's everyone holding up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey friends!

Crazy days we are all experiencing. I just wanted to reach out and make sure everyone is doing okay? I hope this thread will help folks connect and see if anyone needed anything, I am sure we could rally as a community. I have been making a few grocery runs for elderly neighbors and would be happy to help if anyone has a need. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post up.

Just wanting to make sure no one is riding this out solo...

On a lighter note:
1585850877213.png

Here's to eradicating this bug and getting back to our normal lives, in health, businesses and relationships! :beer:

How's everyone doing?

I'm just trying to stay busy. I think the days are harder if you don't have a task at hand. I see that with my kids too.

I had one productive weekend where I got a bunch of garage projects crossed off my master to-do list. That was nice. My garage is full enough that work days require the garage door to be open or my workspace to be in the driveway. Would be nicer if the warm weather would come back so I can self isolate with the sun on my back.

HAM radio club had their monthly meeting on the 88 Bridger repeater last night. Got me thinking. Maybe we should have a club meeting over HAM or CB. Could converge somewhere around town or something and key up the radios without even getting out of the car. Just a thought.

For other two wheel junkies, I just found out MotoGP website is offering free recorded races from the last few seasons. It's usually a paid service. Might cue up a one or two this week.

I'm just trying to stay busy. I think the days are harder if you don't have a task at hand. I see that with my kids too.

I had one productive weekend where I got a bunch of garage projects crossed off my master to-do list. That was nice. My garage is full enough that work days require the garage door to be open or my workspace to be in the driveway. Would be nicer if the warm weather would come back so I can self isolate with the sun on my back.

HAM radio club had their monthly meeting on the 88 Bridger repeater last night. Got me thinking. Maybe we should have a club meeting over HAM or CB. Could converge somewhere around town or something and key up the radios without even getting out of the car. Just a thought.

For other two wheel junkies, I just found out MotoGP website is offering free recorded races from the last few seasons. It's usually a paid service. Might cue up a one or two this week.

Good to hear Matt, I think a HAM club member hangout/net could be a cool idea. I agree, trying to get a little headway on some overdue projects is how I've been spending my weekends. Garage clean-out last weekend when it was so warm, this weekend I am going to tear into the 40 to work out some of the electrical kinks and bugs I have let continue for too long. It seems the alternator on the 100 is going out as well so I might convert mine to the '03 bigger amp version.

50 views... 1 reply!

Hang in there fellas! Better days are ahead.

Hang in there fellas! Better days are ahead.

Skwala's are hatching on the river! Mighty fine place to practice "social distancing".

Seems like everyone in the western part of the state that owns a raft has been floating the rivers the last couple weekends.

I'm pulling the leaf springs on my 40 this weekend to add some shims and remove a leaf, in hopes of reducing a vibration and to gain a little flex from the rear.

Doing well. It's a weird time right now. I'm one of those people who can work from home, so I have that going for me. I'm with you though Drew. I have a lot of cruiser projects I would like to get done...I have one started. Not looking that great. Hoping we can get past this virus, and back to seeing people.

Taking PTO from work on Saturday to fishing on the Mo between Toston and Townsend. Water temp is now up to 40 deg. not that it matters. I am also going to ck the timing on the outboard at the boat launch before I pull and clean the carbs.

I don't know what all the big deal is with this social distancing thing. We do it all the time, you fish out of the front of the boat and I will fish out of the back.

I guess I'm lucky, apparently I'm an essential worker, still going to work all week, a few changes around the shop with the drivers now keeping there distance and such but we're all still working.

Last edited:
Been busy in the fields, weather permitting. Just getting over a nasty case of bronchitus, 1 month ago today it hit. First time i've been able to be outside and not have a coughing spell, believe me that gets some nasty looks. hoping to pull the 40 off the lift and put it in the other bay, need to machine a new mirror mount due to the darn snorkel. Some work on the taco then back to townsend tomorrow night for another week. No buried truck pics yet but the season has just begun, I'll post em as i get em as long as it's not me. lol

Lol Brian, not sure how i added that one. had clicked on several accidentley and unchecked them but missed yours. It does kinda fit in with the whole theme of warmer days are coming andwhat we have to look forward to though. Non related question, do you have a portable tig setup?

Working from home is boring and I'm already so tired of webex meetings. Bed rack will be here Wednesday (already delayed 2 days) so install will give me something to do one day next weekend.

Lol Brian, not sure how i added that one. had clicked on several accidentley and unchecked them but missed yours. It does kinda fit in with the whole theme of warmer days are coming andwhat we have to look forward to though. Non related question, do you have a portable tig setup?
It was one of the first thing I saw this morning while having coffee and it did just that. Thanks again.

Portable tig; Yes.

I'll get ahold of you when i get the truck back in the valley this summer. Found some boom cracks in stressed areas but don't seem to be growing so hopefully they'll survive the spring. got the oil changed in the taco today, doesn't sound like much but this bronchitus has kicked me in the left one. Also took the 40 for a quick spin. Got some older friends we send a lot of veggies with to market so checking on them a couple times a week by phone. Course theyre preppers so are always offering us stuff.

I'll get ahold of you when i get the truck back in the valley this summer. Found some boom cracks in stressed areas but don't seem to be growing so hopefully they'll survive the spring. got the oil changed in the taco today, doesn't sound like much but this bronchitus has kicked me in the left one. Also took the 40 for a quick spin. Got some older friends we send a lot of veggies with to market so checking on them a couple times a week by phone. Course theyre preppers so are always offering us stuff.

Stay healthy Ron! If you need anything getting over your bronchitis let me know.

New lungs?

Or a new left one!? Are you sure you didn't get the bug? I had walking pneumonia last August and it was not pleasant! I hope you feel better SOON friend.

Hit me a month ago last Saturday, Lori wanted me to go in on Sunday but na. Got out of the chair Monday morning and figured id best get checked out. Swabbed for the flu which I didn’t have so took several lung xrays which were starting to fill. Acute bronchitis. I’m sure if it had been a week later I’d have gotten the deep sinus swab. Feeling good except no endurance. Thanks for the offer drew. We’re getting everything done. If you guys start getting short of breath and not feeling good get in right away. Peppers and tomatoes are up and looking good!

Hit me a month ago last Saturday, Lori wanted me to go in on Sunday but na. Got out of the chair Monday morning and figured id best get checked out. Swabbed for the flu which I didn’t have so took several lung xrays which were starting to fill. Acute bronchitis. I’m sure if it had been a week later I’d have gotten the deep sinus swab. Feeling good except no endurance. Thanks for the offer drew. We’re getting everything done. If you guys start getting short of breath and not feeling good get in right away. Peppers and tomatoes are up and looking good!

good to hear Ron, heal up brother.

I've been doing great. Been working 70 hour weeks remotely from my parents ranch. Now i'm back in town to wrap up my busy season. Just closed on my new condo. Got a stack of new parts to go on as soon as my Kustom Kings are finally done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom