How's everyone holding up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spill the beans A.A. Ron @ttFJC what's the FJC getting with this round of upgrades?

Spill the beans A.A. Ron @ttFJC what's the FJC getting with this round of upgrades?
Front: new bushings and delta joint upgrade for the total chaos UCAs, Custom Valved adjustable King front Coils, Gusseted Spindles. Replacing tie rods.
Rear: All new Dobinsons adjustable rear links and panhard bar, Custom extended and valved adjustable King shocks, Extended stainless brake lines, new shin skid plates for the Kings.

Just a couple things. should fix the squeak and weeble wobble.

I made a new friend during quarantine, she followed me home Tuesday....has definitely improved the week, especially with the nice weather!

IMG_20200407_172938.jpg

And then the universe kicked me back into line by introducing both dogs to the crankiest striped kitty right in their own backyard last night....several de-skunking baths at 1 am and they were over it!
IMG_20200409_010334.jpg

But it hasn't been a boring week 👍

I made a new friend during quarantine, she followed me home Tuesday....has definitely improved the week, especially with the nice weather!

View attachment 2267136

And then the universe kicked me back into line by introducing both dogs to the crankiest striped kitty right in their own backyard last night....several de-skunking baths at 1 am and they were over it!
View attachment 2267139

But it hasn't been a boring week 👍

OH MAN! Lax what an up and down man! Can you get that smell all the way out of the dogs fur? I had a buddy take a blast while backpacking and he had to throw most all of his soft gear away in the trash. Poor pups.

Front: new bushings and delta joint upgrade for the total chaos UCAs, Custom Valved adjustable King front Coils, Gusseted Spindles. Replacing tie rods.
Rear: All new Dobinsons adjustable rear links and panhard bar, Custom extended and valved adjustable King shocks, Extended stainless brake lines, new shin skid plates for the Kings.

Just a couple things. should fix the squeak and weeble wobble.
It should take the squeak. I found mine in the UCA Uni-ball, so those are getting replaced.

OH MAN! Lax what an up and down man! Can you get that smell all the way out of the dogs fur? I had a buddy take a blast while backpacking and he had to throw most all of his soft gear away in the trash. Poor pups.

Yes, you can get it completely gone! Sue loves those striped kittys :bang: so I’ve found a solution that actually releases the enzymes that hold the smell, even works on their collars. Just don’t let the smell get in the house or it takes forever to dissipate!

Yes, you can get it completely gone! Sue loves those striped kittys :bang: so I’ve found a solution that actually releases the enzymes that hold the smell, even works on their collars. Just don’t let the smell get in the house or it takes forever to dissipate!
What's the solution? I know one of mine will find one of those striped kittys eventually

Polly and I have been doing well besides all this craziness. She's out of work, but with MSU online now I've been able to turn wrenches full time at OC so we're making everything work. She loves being with the dogs all day so it's a win win. Hoping to start some personal projects
on the 80 soonn, tcase rebuild with 3:1's and possibly a front diff rebuild.

Last edited:
What's the solution? I know one of mine will find one of those striped kittys eventually

Polly and I have been doing well besides all this craziness. She's out of work, but with MSU online now I've been able to turn wrenches full time at OC so we're making everything work. She loves being with the dogs all day so it's a win win. Hoping to start some personal projects
on the 80 soonn, tcase rebuild with 3:1's and possibly a front diff rebuild.
Ive never used it but probably peroxide and baking soda. Nature's miracle products work pretty well too.

quart of fresh hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1-2 teaspoons of dawn. Sorry to think I know that formula off the top of my head. Works very good but still have an aroma in Pete's collar. Been using that for years, don't get it in their eyes

quart of fresh hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1-2 teaspoons of dawn. Sorry to think I know that formula off the top of my head. Works very good but still have an aroma in Pete's collar. Been using that for years, don't get it in their eyes

I have used that same mix and it works well. I took care of the last skunk with a 20 gauge, before the dogs found it.

For a good story about skunk encounters, this happened after our Golden Ret. was sprayed right between the eyes and the wash down with that mix worked well but our cat still thought the dog needed more cleaning. Cosmo the cat would lick the dogs face right at the point of impact for weeks after, and then the cat just made a habit of cleaning the dogs face. The dog just sat still and wagged its tail. The dog would try to lick the cats face but would always end up tipping the cat over. Cosmo, was a good cat.

Mark, I had a cur that must have been ready to bite the skunk, heard him yelp then came back to me. Couldn't find any damage to him and didn't stink until he went to lick my face, about made me puke. must have taken the whole yellow cloud down his throat, that was nasty. Had some real good rancher friends that had went to town to go Christmas shopping, got home and Glen was carrying in groceries and presents so had the back door open. Doris had a 1 year old and a new born and was in the kitchen when she looked and a skunk had came in the house. Being an old rancher she gave it a kick outside and it sprayed. direct hit on the woodstove. -20 outside and the stove was the only heat, both said words can't describe what it was like. They laughed about that till the day they passed on.

We used tomato paste as a kid. On the dogs not us kids.
Be careful of the spikey kittiey! Had a pup tangle with one! It was a nightmare!

Boone found himself one of them spikey kittys a couple weeks ago. He made it out fine but hopefully little knucklehead learned his lesson

D529E5CA-B2C1-4A2A-9F47-AE0BA99EBC28.jpeg

finally have some time for training fleet maintenance had Sailor put in F&R ARBs in one of the training 100s
5440124E-56F5-45FB-A0EF-B4341B7F5586.jpeg

My work is primarily overseas so I’ve had more shop time in the last month than in years.
Ben installing IR lights on all my trainers. Amazing how well they work when running NVGs.
6EEBA202-F3AB-463A-960F-4B519169DDAF.jpeg

Yup, that’s the mix I use! And then follow up with a regular dog shampoo. I’ve found if you soak the collars in the peroxide/baking soda mix overnight they’re good and stink free too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom