How to make a diesel kill switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Diesel newb here-
I used to make a very simple ignition kill switch for my gasoline cars by disabling the coil...
When my HJ47 gets here I would like to make (if possible) a switch somewhere that I can use as an anti-theft of some-sorts. Trying not to put in an alarm system...
Any ideas how to do this?

get a pto pull knob and route it directly to the injection pump fuel kill . pull it to turn off the fuel.

mine had a small on/ off sitch pull knob spliced into the ignition wire PO installed, so reach under when parking, pull knob so wont start, when you get back in reach under push small knob back in, start and go?

R

Could you wire in a switch into the low oil pressure cutoff? This was what I was thinking of doing so the truck would actually start and run for a bit then die. After a few attempts they would think something was wrong and move on.

A 12V solenoid in the fuel supply line.

Could you wire in a switch into the low oil pressure cutoff? This was what I was thinking of doing so the truck would actually start and run for a bit then die. After a few attempts they would think something was wrong and move on.

Yes you could, it would not even be difficult. I may do this myself now that you have thought of it.

EXACTLY what I was looking for!!! Cause if someone gets in and see no alarm and they want it bad enough then they will probably look for the switch if it is just an ignition cut off, but this way is the sneaky :confused: Of course they could just tow it away, yikes!!! In addition I am now looking for a surplus ejection seat!

I once owned a "jacobs" ignition system for a turbo'd mustang that would actually let the car start and drive and then sputter out until the tiny switch was reset-

THANKS DUDES!

actually if they disconect the EDIC rod ot the motor itself .. you engine will keep running .. but we are not talking about really smart people uhh ..

If they are taking your vehicle because they have specifically targeted it they probably won't even try to start it, they will take it with a towtruck or probably drag it into a van so it can't be seen. The idea is to make it difficult enough so a joyrider or someone looking for transportation will abandon the attempt and go to another vehicle. Some kind of hood lock would make it difficult for the smarter or more knowledgable thieves to get at the EDIC rod.

Speaking of hood lock... are there any factory optioned or dealer aftermarket parts that were offered for the 84 HJ47?
Even aftermarket I suppose... another good idea from keepin the battery theives away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom