HOW TO: Installing yodaTEQ's mirror mount plus a lot of other useless mods to waste your time (1 Viewer)

Are you sick and tired of my verbose and ridiculous mods?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i guess that works too.

there are a lot of damn wires in the driver door is all

Joey - Where did you get those connectors from, I like them.

these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Kits-2-P...ire-Connector-Plug-Car-Auto-Set-/360887274163

They work very well especially for interior projects. Not sure I'd use them for exterior. You will need the proper crimper but its CAKE to put these together. Get this type of crimper than makes these types of crimps...
Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 4.54.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 4.54.39 PM.png

Thanks Joey. I found a very similar connector on amazon

Delphi Packard Weatherpack 2 Pin Terminal Kit 16-14 AWG by Delphi Packard http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DVM7RG/?tag=ihco-20

Which crimper do you have? Most of the ones I am reviewing have average reviews at best.

so..how did the drivers door go?

so..how did the drivers door go?

Ha! I opened up Wits' End instead :flipoff2:

I haven't started the DS side NOR have I fully completed the PS. I identified new wiring harnesses that I'm building so I really only want to do the job once ;)

Get a move on already. I need some ideas before I tear my fenders off and begin this mirror bracket project! :) The fender removal is leading me towards a cheap snorkel too. ;)

Get a move on already. I need some ideas before I tear my fenders off and begin this mirror bracket project! :) The fender removal is leading me towards a cheap snorkel too. ;)

Do you just need to know about the electrical pass thru? I could probably just do that and document for those that are still determining.

Sort of. Trying to figure out how many of what size wires to run through those Jeg's passthroughs. I'm also kicking around running my HAM antenna to one of these or leveraging the rear passenger mount I also bought from Frank.

I've already got wires planned for 4w flood, 4w spot (single housing, dual purpose) and the puddle LED. Probably 16ga for each to keep the bulk down. I'll move my single 16ga speaker wire to this pass through too. I was considering running a spare lead for future use in the door.

THEN, I reconsidered a permanent light in favor of maybe a RAM ball mount so I just plop the lights on when I need them. This requires a weatherproof connector of some sort under the mount. Not sure what kind or how to mount it yet. Ideally it would have a cap of some sort, low profile, maybe underneath going up into the mirror housing through that big hole? The wire count matters again.

It's that perfect planning and my OCD that is slowing me down. Don't want to do it more than once. ;)

If you are doing ground switching then run one power wire to the door and then a distro block for the individual runs. That way you just run the grounds back to the switch. 16awg is likely overkill for what you are running. Just a thought.

Good suggestion, I'm thinking about ground switching some LED roof lights, may be the way to go on these. Maybe go back to 18ga then. Thanks for the info.

do you think that little puddle LED will fill the hole in the bottom of the mirror? and not have to use the hole in the bracket? or would it interfere with the mirror moving?

do you think that little puddle LED will fill the hole in the bottom of the mirror? and not have to use the hole in the bracket? or would it interfere with the mirror moving?

yeah so long as its opened up a little bit. You just need to get a Dremel and remove some of the plastic threads AFTER the nut.

I'm seriously looking for a 3FE 80 in LA area to buy so I can have Joey go pick it up and take it to his house to give it the whole Wits' End and YodaTeq treatment. Then I can fly out, WE can get it baselined (aka Joey will already have done this and we will just drink beer), drive back to Iowa. Hit some light wheeling along the way back. Perfect. Right @NLXTACY?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom