@yodaTEQ 's side mirror mount was just one of those things that I knew was a good idea. I planned on something kinda sorta similar but Frank took it into a direction that works better than I was going to do. So purchase was an easy thing.
I had planned for a long time all of the things that I wanted to do with the side mirrors and like EVERYTHING else I do, I gathered all of the components for the project over an extended period of time. I had no idea when I would actually get to it...if ever.
My plan for the mirrors include:
- Adding heated mirrors (DS & PS)
- Adding turn signal lights (DS & PS)
- Adding small (4-LED) @2000UZJ lights (DS & PS)
- Adding 27" Firestick antenna (PS)
- Adding external thermometer (DS)
- Adding courtesy lights (DS & PS)
- Replacing the window runs (DS & PS)
- Replacing the vapor barrier (DS & PS)
- Fix shakey mirror (PS)
The following, lengthy, write-up will explain:
- How I am doing the install?
- Why I am adding certain components?
- Links to various mods?
- Stuff I considered but changed my mind on?
- Questions I have on finishing up the mod and then working on the other side since I'm still in the middle of this.
I wanted to at least start the writing since there is a lot involved and there are a LOT of pics.
Below you see the hard work that Frank's daughter put into the marketing and packaging of the mirror mounts. I don't think her effort should go unappreciated so I'm posting up a few pics so we can all see what you get when the box arrives. You can find the link to purchase here:
View attachment 951452 View attachment 951453 View attachment 951454 View attachment 951455 View attachment 951456
I receiving a job offer by the end of the week and have a very good feeling about another one. If either one pan out I will be ready to pull the trigger for another 3FE! Just in a holding pattern until I know for sure...