How NOT to park your 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Caption -

This is just a case proving rednecks exist around the world. Khalid's last words: Hey y'all, watch this!

:slap:

have you seen this one? 8)

bdac,

Having owned a Porsche 996 - that pic has made the rounds on the Porsche boards for a LONG time. It's a goody though!

Yea, I know that's an air cooler, not a water pumper. &nbsp:Don't know if it's staged or photoshoped.

Being a photographer and photoshop expert as a career, that's as phony as it gets. Where's the front of that car, look how wide the road is left of the stripes. For sure photoshop.

Jeff

*** Notice ***
Thread hi-jacking in progress.

I caught a street sighting of a Cayenne today. First one I've seen off the lot. It was a medium blue with silver trim around the windows (??). I looked at an "S" at the dealer right after they came out. I want one.

I won't give up the Cruiser though, so maybe we'll talk the wife into slummin' in a new Cayenne. :G

-B-

Saw a Cayenne here in Nashville yesterday. It was sharp, but it does not lock front and rear like my Cruiser. Save some $$ and have a Cruiser and an air cooled Cabriolet.

Not me,

Pass on the German footlocker. My other car is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T S/E, 375 HP 440 Magnum, Just right. :beer:

Cruiser content: It lives in the garage whilst me beloved 80 languishes outdoors. :tear:

After my experience with a first year Porsche - a '99 996 C2, I wouldn't touch the Cayenne - PERIOD! Read boyhood dreams of Porsche ownership dashed by a POS 996! OK, I'll calm down now. The Cayenne is a sweet car. Several boarders from the 996 board I still read have purchased them, one after swearing up and down that it would be the end of Porsche and he'd NEVER purchase one(they all said the same thing when Porsche introduced the water cooled 996). Guy is eating crow on that board now. General feedback from them is that it's a very, very nice and capable car on and off road. Probably not the offroad that some on this board and Pirate envision. Wait for the VW Touerag to come out. Most think it's better looking and a lot less expensive. It was jointly developed with Porsche. A recent Car & Driver review of 7 midsize, midpriced SUV's picked the VW. Our sister SUV, the 4Runner was not included in the test, however, the Lexus GX470 was and it came in second to the VW if my memory is any good. Either the GX or the Acura MDX. Whatever, I'm rambling now. &nbsp:Does this count as a double post Woody? I'll get off my Porsche soapbox now.

That rear spoiler is available on JDM 100's for 48,000 yen.

1051112858766_reallybaddriver.jpg

Getting into the spirit of American Four Wheeling is good; however, the dual 20 degree ramp test for articulation still has a few bugs....

Cheers :beer:

-H-

I'm now claiming this shot is totally [glow=brown,7,300]BOGUS[/glow].

No skid marks. How did he turn that sharp with no slide to get up there?

IT IS POSED. COuld be Tyler dressed up. :slap: :D

Junk,
I believe the photo to be genuine.  No skid marks = ABS. He didn't need to turn as I believe he was headed in the same direction he ended up and was run off the road by someone changing lanes or turning in front of him.  If you look carefully, you will see *all* the shadows look perfect. Especially the shadow behind the left rear wheel. Compare the shadows to the light poles and the other vehicles. Perfect.

If you look closely at the left concrete "ramp" right in front of the driver's legs, you'll see a dark tyre mark. I believe his left front tyre hit there and rolled over the far side, then the undercarriage got centered in the groove, as it were. The friction of metal on concrete brought the truck to a stop pretty quick.

Authentic. :G
-B-

C'mon B. You're not that gullable are ya :slap: :D

I think he would have needed some speed to get up there, and I don't see any evidence that there was any speed leading up to the cement. .... like the black and white pole, the sand etc.

BOGUS. :eek: :dunno:

...Ahab appears to have left his shadow in the truck when he climbed out...

R -

Junk knows only to well things sometimes are not what they seem to be.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom