How much weight can you put in the back of an FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering how much you can carry not tow? 1000 lbs?, 1200 lbs?, 800 lbs?

Well, 91-94 are 8 passenger, 95-97 omit the center third row belt. I don't know what they figure for average body weight but I'd guess around 175 lbs per. That would make 515 lbs in the cargo area. I hauled 8 in mine a couple times before the back seats "fell out" and it did waddle a bit. OME has springs good for up to a static 400 KG additional load (#864, IIRC) .

D-

Thanks, looks like my wife (who weighs 115 lbs) plus at least another 1100 lbs. I guess she should be fine with the 600 lbs she wants to carry.

As much as you want, of course, it depends on what you want to break. :D :D :D :D

Honestly, I have had about 700 pounds in the back plus driver and passenger and it was not a problem except for the occasional bottoming on large dips on the freeway. OME springs and stiffer shocks cure this problem. I would be comfortable with up to 1000 pounds.

Cary

Good logic Dan, but you can't reasonably put three 175lb people back there. :p

Three 100lb boy scouts maybe. :D hehehe

NO, actually three whimpering adults :flipoff2: A tight fit, mind you, but do-able :D .

The main reason I jerked the third row was to get people to quit saying "Hey, you've got extra room, right?"

Now I get to say :whoops: Gotta buch o' crap back there at the moment ;)

When I go out camping I stow about 650# of gear and such back there. not a problem for the suspenion but then again I have the medium load ome springs back there. Where is photoman when you need him doesnt he have like 2k loaded on the back of his rig when he goes out?
Dave

[quote author=Pitbull link=board=2;threadid=7156;start=msg59236#msg59236 date=1068050911]
Thanks, looks like my wife (who weighs 115 lbs) plus at least another 1100 lbs. I guess she should be fine with the 600 lbs she wants to carry.
[/quote]

Whoa dude, you are a brave man putting 'wife' and 'how much can my land cruider hold' in the same post....are you crazy? :D

I know the 'Pimp has some weight back there.

I hauled 3600 lbs of green schist in my little trailer and teh back of teh Cruiser. The rocks went from the folded up back seats to the tailgate, were at oeast 14" around (most were a bit bigger and it took two of us oafs to get them in). I would estimate an easy 800 lbs and more like 1000. I have OME (not heavies)

Brakes were a bit less than I would like, and much worse than hauling 6000 lbs with electric brakes.

Make sure your wife factors in additional stopping distance if it is more than 500 lbs and includes bumper to bumper traffic or mountainous driving.

Jim

Dan,

You got that right! LOL!

BTW - Have fun with your inventory this weekend. I'll be thinking about you slaving away counting mindless bin after mindless bin as I play golf! :flipoff2:

Gee, thanks Brent.

Go stub yer putter :flipoff2:

:D

C-Dan,
So if I told you I would give a seconds thought to your demise, (while drinking a cold Corona, and eating freshly harvested shrimp, in San Felipe) I too would get the :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

:'(
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Yup :flipoff2:

Plus a :banana:

I use AirLift bags in the rear springs, but we routinely tow w/ 600lbs tongue weight (would equate to more weight on the actual axle), plus 200lbs of camping gear. Recent factory shocks. No sway or wallowing. On a recent trip to Canada, we also picked up about 250lbs of rock along the way to finish a path. So, it will hold quite a bit.

The 93+ models w/rear discs have a full floater axle, which is a design oriented toward higher loads. Isolates the axle shaft from bearing a load as normal rear axles would.

Doug

Ford-Ad_small.jpg

Hey look, Rogue's momma and sis.

I don't think the 80 would take this much in the rear, although Gumby does. :flipoff2: :slap: :eek: :D :D :D

Just don't try and pull anything on wet grass in Junk's backyard or you will grenade a birf.

Hmmm.....lemme' remember........

27 boxes of tile @ 31 lbs/box and three 40 lb bags of grout in the back, + a 200 lb tongue weight trailer, plus 180 for the driver, 72 for the dog on top of the tile......

1229 lbs.....stock suspension. Front was kinda squirrelly on the highway..

His vehicle weighs around 8,100 lbs when it rolls out on a sojurn.(no trailer, all truck)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom