How much weight can you put in the back of an FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The heaviest I remember once on a scale was 8500 lbs. Here are some weights from a recent post from my notes (sorry about eating up the bandwidth). This was on a scale in Canada so the weights were metric.
Total weight = 3690kg = 8135lbs.
Front = 1610kg = 3549lbs.
Rear = 2070kg = 4563lbs.
DS front = 870kg = 1918lbs.
PS front = 780kg = 1720lbs.
DS rear = 1040kg = 2293lbs.
PS rear = 1070kg = 2359lbs.
It might be interesting if someone would get on a scale and weigh there rig front/back and the four corners to compare. FWIW, I remember from racing a rule of thumb was 1 HP gain for every 10 lbs. that could be removed. Ouch!
Bill

dang, so since you're 3000 lbs overweight, does that mean you have zero HP left?
<G>
Eric

Eric,
Yes! and zero brakes too! and it pops out of Park!
Bill

My brother IdahoD talked me into the same AirLift airbags he has. At max pressure (35psi) they should give about 1000 pounds of lift at the axle. I've run them higher with no problem. I just drove to Traverse City and back (400 miles) with 7 inside and a large roof carrier loaded to its limit. I put just a little pressure in the airbags, didn't want a harsh ride, and it was rock solid maneuvering and in crosswinds on the highway.

Carry less in truck, tow it there...

GMC hauls 10 tons.

91 Cruiser....can barely haul my weight.

Dan,

I'm thinking you mean it will haul 5 tons, eh?

Doug

My 2003 GMC specs are 16,000 lbs.

Only limit is based on my poor little tires.

This rig has the same frame, engine, tranny, etc as the big commercial rigs they sell.

I didn't want a dually...so, revise to 8 tons :D

Set a new record today. Got one cheeque of Hltoppr's ex in the truck. :flipoff2:

Don't worry Hltoppr, I dragged the rest of her down the highway. :D :D :D :D:flipoff2: :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom