How many daily drivers out there? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I daily drive mine about 300 miles a week (full tank if im lucky) I think smiles to the gallon not miles. If your into that buy a vagina!
I dont drink much these days as i got young kids so i bought a 100 to do all the drinking for me.
Oh and my dad drives a hybrid so i guess im just rebellious ha ha

Or close to bankruptcy, haha. You pay UK fuel prices so your in the same situation as me, I do 400 miles a week at the moment just for Work, 500 in total. That can be up to 1000 mpw, average 30k-35k a year. £10,000+ A year on fuel wouldn’t please many wives, you know who controls the finances in most homes.

Very true. I only use mine for work anything else i take wifes car!
So i do a tank of petrol a week which i can just about justify. Im self employed so tax man foots abit of my running cost.
I did look into getting it gassed but i decided thats alot of petrol for the conversion and i dont think it does the engine a whole lot of good either.
Sound of 2uzfe is worth the money i guess :)

Yes, don’t LPG it as it doesn’t do the valves any good. I have driven one with LPG, it was underpowered, my guess is it had lost some compression. I to am self Employed, I claim by business mileage as I use my own cars, it isn’t that good after 10k miles though so I might get a Work(commercial) hilux just for the tax benefits . Not many Petrol Cruisers in the UK, more on autotrader than being driven around I think so we are a rare breed.

Daily drive my LX . Territory sales so I drive 500 miles a week probably more. Get my premium gas at Costco which is about what regular gas is anywhere else. 310k miles on it now and I would trust it anywhere anytime any road condition.

When I'm not working I have two little kids so the car has car seats etc. in it at all times.

I freaking love this car. One of the best cars in the world in my opinion but to be honest if I had three kids I would probably have a Suburban with a 2-3 inch lift or a Sequoia - but I had an 06 Sequoia and in my opinion it was a piece of garbage. Maybe I would try the 08+ Sequoia for 3 kids. Ive seen some pretty mean looking builds from mud members. Kid gear takes up a lot of space, as the OP probably knows with active ones.

Edit: I see a couple guys have an LS too. I'm thinking about a 98-00 LS400 to take some of the DD duty off the cruiser. Double the Mpgs, just as tank-like. Had a 95 and drove the bejesus out of it.

Last edited:
Been daily driving a 100 for 15 years. I have tried lots of other vehicles. Just no comparison.

I daily drive a highly modified 2004 now and get fired up every time I drive it.

These trucks are just right size wise. Medium large.

If your daily driver doesn't make you smile, you may want to try some other vehicles.

1998 LC 255,000+ miles, 2001 LC 196,000+ miles and 1988 FJ62 303,000+ miles. I love my FJ62. It my normal daily driver but the 2 100 series are awesome daily drivers for my wife and son...

You should have seen the look on my wives face when I told her I was selling my truck to buy a 18 year old lc.

We have now had it for six months and her car has become my commuter car (40 mpg) most of the time because she wants to drive the lc. When I travel for work it makes me feel safer knowing she is in a tank with our two month old in her car seat.

Between both of us we put about a tank through the lc a week. Never thought I’d have a truck old enough to legally vote that I can’t wait to drive everyday.

The look on people's faces when u tell them the LC is 18 years old. Priceless.

Daily driver, maybe two or three off road trips (mild for hunting and camping). Great daily driver, lousy mileage but what I expected. Love the car.

I was dailying my for about a year. I started to get anxiety about putting so many miles on it since Im hoping to have it for another 20 or so years so I went out and bought a beater Tacoma. The Tacoma is nearly broken in with about 298k miles, but it's still a treat to ride in the super smooth and comfortable LX time to time.

My wife is the driver of our DD 100. We sold a 1500 Silverado and replaced it with a 2001 LC with 180,000.... that was 5 years ago and now it has 285,000... you can do the math on that one! But there is no vehicle that I would trust more to haul my wife and son to and from day care and work each day. We used to call it “the baby tank” but my wife has now calls the trusty cruiser Hank! She has no desire to drive another car and the extra gas is at 50 miles per day does not even phase us since you can’t put a price on the safety of your loved ones!

For myself... the DD is a 2016 Tundra Crewmax. So as you can see we are both doing our part for the environment!

My wife is the driver of our DD 100. But there is no vehicle that I would trust more to haul my wife and son to and from day care and work each day. We used to call it “the baby tank” but my wife has now calls the trusty cruiser Hank! She has no desire to drive another car and the extra gas is at 50 miles per day does not even phase us since you can’t put a price on the safety of your loved ones!

^^^^^^^ Safety and reliability are the exact reasons we bought both of our vehicles. Agree with you 100%.

Driven Daily, trails on most weekends that we can get out. All we want to own is LC's.
0F90FD24-80CB-45FF-8893-9171A7D6C3BB.jpeg

Along with my 04 Hundy I also have a 2004 LS430! Great taste !!

View attachment 1597965

Seems to be a theme here my "DD" is a 01 ls430 ultra luxury edition

upload_2017-12-27_12-40-12.png

the "" are because 1 month after buying it for the 90 miles round trip we were doing a day, moved within a mile of my work and 5 of my wife's. She now has decided to DD the land cruiser so this just sits at a family members house. So I may sell it, pay off some medical bills and get a cheap AWD car to have for days in the mountains and snow/ice if the cruiser is being used or down for modifications.

I will miss those heated/cooled and massaging seats though if I do.

Daily driven, 10 miles each way to work, evening duty, lunchtime duty, light off-roading, and family road trip car. I’m loving it! Only had it for a month or so, but 12-13 mpg from work and back, and 15.5 mpg driving the 4 or so hours from SLC Utah to St. George.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom