How heavy duty of a drawer slider (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
How strong of a drawer slider is needed to build a slide out sink/stove holder? I can't imagine that the 500 lb unit is necessary.
Would a 150 lb set of sliders do the job?

All I really want to do is have a stove and a small sink slide out of the camping trailer I am building.

Suggestions?

Drawer slides are weight rated at 1' extension. A 36" 500lbs slide will support approx 300lbs at full ext.

So it totally depends on how you are making your kitchen. Long and linear or 12" slides coming out the length of you trailer.

www.ExpeditionOps.com

long and linear

You can always add a drop down telescoping leg for your kitchen at full extension.

Drawer slides are weight rated at 1' extension. A 36" 500lbs slide will support approx 300lbs at full ext.

Can you back this up? I haven't read that before anywhere. No saying it isn't true, I just haven't heard of that before.

To the OP, I would suggest weighing everything you plan on sliding on these drawer slides, (stove, sink, wood for the case, pots with water, dishes etc.) and see where you are at. Then I would look for something roughly 1.5x your weight.

I think we too often over build in the wrong area's. A kick stand is a great idea and really takes the load off the rest of your system.

... but building something twice, never, never saves you any money.

Got this info off of the Rockler website.

You have so many to choose from. What is the best choice of slides for my application?

How are load ratings calculated?

Manufacturers test their slides according to industry standards for how much weight they are capable of carrying. Tests are typically based at an 18" extension and 50,000 to 75,000 cycles of moving the drawer in and out. Ratings include a 100% static load safety factor (this means the slide will always be able to hold a minimum of the load rating in any position when the slide is stationary).

Bottom line is, you'll never be disappointed in overbuilding....

especially when it's an item that should be over built and heavy duty.

REZARF said:
Can you back this up? I haven't read that before anywhere. No saying it isn't true, I just haven't heard of that before.

To the OP, I would suggest weighing everything you plan on sliding on these drawer slides, (stove, sink, wood for the case, pots with water, dishes etc.) and see where you are at. Then I would look for something roughly 1.5x your weight.

I think we too often over build in the wrong area's. A kick stand is a great idea and really takes the load off the rest of your system.

... but building something twice, never, never saves you any money.

Rezarf,

I got the from my Accuride Distributor or it was from Ryadon slides. I don't have anything to share reference wise though.

Looks like dave found some info though.

Good question. What shocked me was how much the slides still support several feet later.

www.ExpeditionOps.com

Got this info off of the Rockler website.

You have so many to choose from. What is the best choice of slides for my application?

How are load ratings calculated?

Manufacturers test their slides according to industry standards for how much weight they are capable of carrying. Tests are typically based at an 18" extension and 50,000 to 75,000 cycles of moving the drawer in and out. Ratings include a 100% static load safety factor (this means the slide will always be able to hold a minimum of the load rating in any position when the slide is stationary).

Rezarf,

I got the from my Accuride Distributor or it was from Ryadon slides. I don't have anything to share reference wise though.

Looks like dave found some info though.

Good question. What shocked me was how much the slides still support several feet later.

Expedition Ops

Thanks guys that's good info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom