How does the average MPG work in LX 570? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2014 LX 570 and the AVG. shows 16 MPG; however, when I calculated, it shows more like 17.7MPG. I was wondering if my AVG is working properly or not.

I hawk my fuel consumption. Fill it up, reset to zero, drive 132km on the freeway, fill up again. 12.1l last week, unloaded with tail wind , minimal stops. 1988 2h troopy. 12.1 x 100 = 1210 / 132= 9.17l per 100km. or 25.65 mpg. I drive about 90km/h ish at 2100rpm. Slower uphill like miss daisy, nearly everyone else is faster than me.

16mpg = 14.7l per 100km.
I love my 2h. Injector nozzles have about 30k kms, oil change every 5k. 300k kms on the engine.

Do you have stock sized tires?

Just this last weekend, I did another calculation and I got around 20+ MPG but the dashboard AVG still shows 16MPG. Yes, I'm happy that I'm getting better than 16MPG but just curious that's all. Thanks for al the responses.

Just this last weekend, I did another calculation and I got around 20+ MPG but the dashboard AVG still shows 16MPG. Yes, I'm happy that I'm getting better than 16MPG but just curious that's all. Thanks for al the responses.
I believe the AVG. display is a running calc from the last time it was reset. Try holding the button down when it displays 16MPG and it should zero out and restart the displayed AVG calc?

I believe the AVG. display is a running calc from the last time it was reset. Try holding the button down when it displays 16MPG and it should zero out and restart the displayed AVG calc?
Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try...just found it on the manual as well.
1682357324063.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom