How do you feel about Dynapro AT M tires?To expect out of them. Will they perform as well as my stan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having trouble getting the search function to work. So I figured I would just ask. I just picked up a 2011 tundra and it has a brand-new set of Dynapro AT Ms on it. I'm just wondering what to expect out of them. I usually run Cooper AT3s on my work trucks and BFG KO2s on everything else. Does anyone think that these will be at least comparable to the Cooper's? I doubt they'll come close to the BFG's off road, but this is just a work truck anyway.

You might be surprised by them (or not). I've been running them a couple of years on my GX and they are an all-round excellent tire - very nice for commuting, great in rain, superb in the lil tiny bit of snow we get here, and they work fine offroad for an AT. FWIW I couldn't get a set of round AT3's, and I don't feel like paying for the BFG name as prior experiences weren't all that great.

Well, at least you favor AMERICAN made tires when you purchase them yourself. I can't understand anyone buying a tire that was not made in the USA.

Well, at least you favor AMERICAN made tires when you purchase them yourself. I can't understand anyone buying a tire that was not made in the USA.

You mean we should only run US-made tires from a French company on our Japanese vehicles? Got it.

You mean we should only run US-made tires from a French company on our Japanese vehicles? Got it.
If it says "Made in USA" on the side of it, run it. If all you can afford are Korean tires then drive a car that takes smaller tires.

It has become very difficult to buy products that were not made in some third world country by under paid workers who aren't paying taxes in the U.S. but since an adequate selection of tires are still manufacture right here , the right thing to do
is buy American made.

And don't start irrigating me with your knowledge of global markets or how I drive a Japanese Landcruiser. If Ford made a vehicle that was in head to head competition with an 80 series, I would be driving it.

If it says "Made in USA" on the side of it, run it. If all you can afford are Korean tires then drive a car that takes smaller tires.

It has become very difficult to buy products that were not made in some third world country by under paid workers who aren't paying taxes in the U.S. but since an adequate selection of tires are still manufacture right here , the right thing to do
is buy American made.

And don't start irrigating me with your knowledge of global markets or how I drive a Japanese Landcruiser. If Ford made a vehicle that was in head to head competition with an 80 series, I would be driving it.

You seem to be trying to over-simplify a complex topic. Almost every manufacturer makes tires in a variety of places, and there are often several layers of corporate ownership in different countries. Goodyear, an American company has facilities all over, for example:
Napanee, Ontario, Canada 4B Passenger car tires
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada PC Consumer tires
Valencia, Venezuela PB Consumer tires, commercial tires
São Paulo, Brazil MX Latin America headquarters, aircraft tires, aircraft tire retreading
Americana, Brazil Y1 Tire proving grounds, consumer tires, commercial tires, OTR tires
Lima, Peru NT Consumer tires, commercial tires
Philippsburg, Germany ND High-performance passenger car tires, winter tires
Bangkok, Thailand NY Consumer tires, aircraft tires, aircraft retreading
Pulandian, China TC Consumer tires, commercial tires
Santiago, Chile M7 Consumer tires
Cali, Colombia MY Commercial tires, OTR tires
Amiens, France NC Consumer tires
Waluj, India 1W
Gurgaon, India NK
Adapazarı, Turkey CO Consumer tires
İzmit, Turkey PA Commercial tires
Selangor, Malaysia T8
Luxembourg, Luxembourg KM Goodyear Innovation center Luxembourg (GIC*L), regional calendering center, commercial tires, OTR tires, tire proving grounds, tire molds, tire plant
Luxembourg, Luxembourg NJ
Taipei, Taiwan L1
Shahekou, China 7L
Uitenhage, South Africa NW Consumer tires, commercial tires, agricultural tires, OTR tires
Bogor, Indonesia

BFGoodrich is owned by Michelin, based in France; Firestone is owned by Bridgestone (Japan); and General is owned by Continental (Germany). Yokohama is a Japanese company, but makes many of their tires in the US.

Obviously anyone can look at a sidewall and determine the country of manufacture, and if you only want to buy tires actually manufactured in the US, go ahead, but don't kid yourself that it is going to make an appreciable difference in the global market or even locally. While there are American workers technically assembling your tires that currently have jobs, they are likely still working for a multi-national conglomerate who is taking profits overseas and still giving the bulk of the money to CEO's and executives. Not to mention, they are still probably using rubber from Brazil or Indonesia.

And aren't the Bronco (manufactured until 1990) or the Expedition (started in 97) competition for the 80 series Land Cruiser.

You seem to be trying to over-simplify a complex topic. Almost every manufacturer makes tires in a variety of places, and there are often several layers of corporate ownership in different countries. Goodyear, an American company has facilities all over, for example:
Napanee, Ontario, Canada 4B Passenger car tires
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada PC Consumer tires
Valencia, Venezuela PB Consumer tires, commercial tires
São Paulo, Brazil MX Latin America headquarters, aircraft tires, aircraft tire retreading
Americana, Brazil Y1 Tire proving grounds, consumer tires, commercial tires, OTR tires
Lima, Peru NT Consumer tires, commercial tires
Philippsburg, Germany ND High-performance passenger car tires, winter tires
Bangkok, Thailand NY Consumer tires, aircraft tires, aircraft retreading
Pulandian, China TC Consumer tires, commercial tires
Santiago, Chile M7 Consumer tires
Cali, Colombia MY Commercial tires, OTR tires
Amiens, France NC Consumer tires
Waluj, India 1W
Gurgaon, India NK
Adapazarı, Turkey CO Consumer tires
İzmit, Turkey PA Commercial tires
Selangor, Malaysia T8
Luxembourg, Luxembourg KM Goodyear Innovation center Luxembourg (GIC*L), regional calendering center, commercial tires, OTR tires, tire proving grounds, tire molds, tire plant
Luxembourg, Luxembourg NJ
Taipei, Taiwan L1
Shahekou, China 7L
Uitenhage, South Africa NW Consumer tires, commercial tires, agricultural tires, OTR tires
Bogor, Indonesia

BFGoodrich is owned by Michelin, based in France; Firestone is owned by Bridgestone (Japan); and General is owned by Continental (Germany). Yokohama is a Japanese company, but makes many of their tires in the US.

Obviously anyone can look at a sidewall and determine the country of manufacture, and if you only want to buy tires actually manufactured in the US, go ahead, but don't kid yourself that it is going to make an appreciable difference in the global market or even locally. While there are American workers technically assembling your tires that currently have jobs, they are likely still working for a multi-national conglomerate who is taking profits overseas and still giving the bulk of the money to CEO's and executives. Not to mention, they are still probably using rubber from Brazil or Indonesia.

And aren't the Bronco (manufactured until 1990) or the Expedition (started in 97) competition for the 80 series Land Cruiser.
So let's just give up. No, let's not. Like I said, the best we can do is buy a product that says Made in USA on the side of it. Looking beyond that takes you down a rabbit hole that I would guess even most corporate leaders don't fully understand.

So let's just give up.
You don't have to give up, do what you believe is the appropriate choice for you, with research you can certainly find at minimum a tire made in America from a US based company, but at the same time, there is no need to disparage others for choosing what works for them, or to act like your choice is superior.

And to the OP, sorry for the thread jack

You don't have to give up, do what you believe is the appropriate choice for you, with research you can certainly find at minimum a tire made in America from a US based company, but at the same time, there is no need to disparage others for choosing what works for them, or to act like your choice is superior.

And to the OP, sorry for the thread jack
If your going to quote me, address my entire statement.

Since I accidentally seem to have started this. I'll add my two cents. Americans buying tires in American stores with Americans installing them (at least I hope this is the case for the most part) is what keeps communities going. The real profit in tires goes to a handful of people from... America, Japan, Wherever... These people don't tend to care much about nationalities, the dollar is their nationality. My real concern is spending my money with local shops where local families are benefiting from my money instead of Amazon or whatever other online company. Honestly, I'm just hoping that these might be a good tire:rofl:. But the conversation has certainly been interesting.

I had them for a while on my old dodge ram, they were load range E, 285 70 17 i think. They were nice, not loud and definately not squirmy like the BFG AT tires I replaced them with. I only replaced them because they were getting to be more than a handful of years old and I dont like running such old tires. Never did any trails or wild off road stuff though since the truck was longbed and a 2500. Just a trail here and there to get to the snow and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom