How do I fix this limp? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Truck is listing to the left. And no I am not a fat-a$%!! Someone said it might be the perches or I may need to beef up the springs with a shim? Help?

up close

last one

The infamous "Cruiser Lean". Click Here and go down and read the article.

Suposedly MAF sells a correction kit called Trim Packers or something like that. Since your SOA, I would just make a spacer to stick in between the perch and spring on the drivers side.

-Ferg-

The infamous cruiser lean. Measure the distance from the top of the spring pack above the axles on each spring to the floor. Let us know what you find. That will tell us if it is the cruiser lean.

I'll check it out, by the way is my right rear shock "blown" there is oil all over it. May be a dumb question.

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=8814;start=msg76163#msg76163 date=1071532527]
I'll check it out, by the way is my right rear shock "blown" there is oil all over it. May be a dumb question.
[/quote]

kinda looks like it, take it off and see if it has an life left in it, but I suspect it's toast.

OK so that article explains the fix for a SUA cruiser, how does it work for a SOA?

Sorry Ferg, you already answered that question. I suppose that perch spacer needs to be welded in place. The article quotes 8/10 hour to get the spacer placed. Good luck finding someone who could fix mine that quickly. Gary K......got some free time?

I'm willing to bet you $5 that the oil covered shock is from the lack of axle breather extensions, located on that side of the axle. My shock and PS of rear axle looks exactly the same, however it won't anymore because I installed new breathers with barbed fittings instead of those s***ty one way valve deals last night.
Writeup tomorrow. :D

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=8814;start=msg76175#msg76175 date=1071533380]
OK so that article explains the fix for a SUA cruiser, how does it work for a SOA?
[/quote]
You do the opposite, add shims to lower side instead of higher side.
Same as the hockey-puck lifts people used to do on pickups in the 80's. You may need longer spring pins with a spacer for the head of the pin. Pin available at Napa, spacer make yourself out of some small pipe.

Sounds like cruiser lean to me. I cured this problem on mine by swapping the springs left for right while I was doing my SOA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom