How difficult to run wire from (R) C-Pillar to (L) C-Pillar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96, how difficult is it to run wire from the bottom of the left C-Pillar, under the headliner, and down the right C-Pillar?
I know there are pictures with the headliner removed but can't seem to find them. Anyone know if there are any obstructions
that would keep a wire from being fished straight through? Do I have to zig zag my way through to get to the other side under
the headliner? If someone has a picture of a 96 Series without the headliner, that would help. Thanks.

If you drop the headliner, should be super easy. Fishing though will be more difficult. There should be no significant obstructions.

If you drop the headliner, should be super easy. Fishing though will be more difficult. There should be no significant obstructions.

That's what I'm trying to avoid.

There's no obstruction, behind the sunroof assembly. Use some weed whip line to fish it thru

There's no obstruction, behind the sunroof assembly. Use some weed whip line to fish it thru
How do I get around that blind tight 90 degree turn with the headliner still on?

IMG_20200724_153658.jpg

Don't forget to remove grab handles too before flexing the headliner. The plugs are easy to pop out, just be patient and go gentle

Pic of a 95.

So can I run a fish tape or weed wacker line straight up the inside of the pillar and run it in that channel along the roof line, and the curve of the roof line should push the wire down into the other C-pillar?

So can I run a fish tape or weed wacker line straight up the inside of the pillar and run it in that channel along the roof line, and the curve of the roof line should push the wire down into the other C-pillar?
No. The top of the pillars is covered. You'd have to exit the top of the pillars-theu the rounded hole in the picture, go over the brace, then have it hang free between the roof and headliner

No. The top of the pillars is covered. You'd have to exit the top of the pillars-theu the rounded hole in the picture, go over the brace, then have it hang free between the roof and headliner

Argh!! That's what I figured by looking at your picture. Of course it can't be that easy. Looks like there is no way round taking off some of the
hardware and clips and pulling down the headliner a bit to run that wire to the other side.

Argh!! That's what I figured by looking at your picture. Of course it can't be that easy. Looks like there is no way round taking off some of the
hardware and clips and pulling down the headliner a bit to run that wire to the other side.
Depending on your plan, the carpet seam is under the 2nd row seats. Might be easier to run it under the carpet, under the 2nd row seats. It's about the same difficulty, and similar work. Less possible damage though, going under the carpet

Depending on your plan, the carpet seam is under the 2nd row seats. Might be easier to run it under the carpet, under the 2nd row seats. It's about the same difficulty, and similar work. Less possible damage though, going under the carpet

I have a huge heavy drawer system back there and can't run anything under the carpet from left to right. I've got so much other heavy wiring on the right side under the door sill that I can't fit any more wiring under that curved panel on top of the front of the wheel well. I have to go to the roof line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom