How did you find out about TLCA? (1 Viewer)

How did you find out about TLCA?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How did you find out about TLCA?

Let us know...

thanks!

It was 1992 IIRC...magazine ad. Before I had much knowledge of Al Gore and his fabulous invention. At that point, Trails was my sole source for information...

Winter of 2001, right after I got my first cruiser (80 series). Wasn't even sure if Land Cruiser was one word or two (later found out it depends on who you're talking to). Just wanted to learn more about what I bought and typed in "Land Cruiser" into the search bar. Eventually got to the www.tlca.org site and went from there. I haven't been around long and had absolutely zero knowledge of what I was getting into, but I've been bitten by the bug. Great organization, great folks and great magazine.

From some guy that was bumming around in a Jeep Cherokee, always asking me to pull him out of some predicament with my Cruiser!

When I first bought my '40, I was shopping for parts on the internet and found a link to the TLCA website.

1993- found BTB through word of mouth, found a copy of the trails there.

just to add: bought my first cruiser new off the lot in 1979, my '78 is number three :D

1995...had no internet and had just bought my '79 40...Chris Spaulding and a few other guys told me about it...but I was a starving college kid...joined a few weeks ago!

RJ

it's been about 14 years, but iirc, i found an old "issue" of toyota trails in the glove box of my dearly departed nuclear lemon when i first bought it. 89 issue..back when it was a typed and xeroxed four page flyer. still have that issue along with all my issues, including the first real magazine style. if anybody remembers the early 90's issues, you might be interested to know that the first issue in that style was on pink paper :^)

i'd scan my first issue's "cover" but attachments are down right now.

I came across a group from the old Ventura County chapter up at the top of a trail in the Angeles National Forest back in 1989. I was running the trail by myself and came across more Land Cruisers than I had ever seen in one spot (I had just moved from Washington DC). They invited me to the annual Thanksgiving Run (TLCA no longer has one...) and have been a member ever since. I was VP of TLCA in 1991 but have not been active in it since my last Rubithon run in 1994 (too darn busy with other things...). I also have most of the old TLCA newsletters that maybe I'll scan and post sometime. BTW Nuclearlemon, the first issue of Toyota Trails was yellow...the second was pink...

its two words..........Land Cruiser............ no if and or buts about it..........don't listen to the Aussies :flipoff2:

Oh and me, I joined the same week i got my 1st Cruiser, thank god I don't have to buy a membership for each Cruiser ;) and Tony...........don't get any idea's ::)

John H

[quote author=Junk link=board=10;threadid=10390;start=msg92811#msg92811 date=1074630183]
Winter of 2001, right after I got my first cruiser (80 series). Wasn't even sure if Land Cruiser was one word or two (later found out it depends on who you're talking to). Just wanted to learn more about what I bought and typed in "Land Cruiser" into the search bar. Eventually got to the www.tlca.org site and went from there. I haven't been around long and had absolutely zero knowledge of what I was getting into, but I've been bitten by the bug. Great organization, great folks and great magazine.
[/quote]

The previous onwer of my FJ60 gave me several web sites and text in his paperwork and I joined up the first week.

Fellow by the name of Nolen :flipoff2: turned me onto LSLC :beer:...LSLC turned me onto TLCA 8)...TLCA to Toyota Trails :D... Toyota Trails to Addiction :cheers:...Addiction to Rehab :(...Rehab in the form of 2 more Cruisers. :doh: :D

Back in 1993 when i bought my 40 from my next door
neighbor. didnt know what i got or had. just wanted a
removable top rig. Met Josh Boltrek Here in Portland Or. who
gave me the cruiser fever and a application to join. That
was about the only and IMHO is the only organization to
belong to.....dont forget (drive a legend drive a land cruiser)

I'm an old time member, had have 4 different cruisers. Used to belong when TT was black and white when I had my original 74 FJ40...

4Wheel Drive Action magazine.

I think it was like '86 (?). I still have the issue at home in the garage, it had an article on Rubithon in it. Good pics and a list of suggested mods for running the 'con.

It had a contact # in it for Darrell Butler(?) and I called 'em then. One 40 and one minitruck later and I joined after I bought my second 40 the day after I bought it about 10 years later.

That was a long time ago.

i guess i am missing the first issue in 91 (the yellow issue). here's the issue that i found in my glovebox...for once a po did something good :cheers:

yeah, when i was scouring the internet to find an fj40 to buy (summer 2002), i ran acrossa bunch of sites that referenced tlca.org and eventually got involved with upstate cruisers and then last september finally became a member

malphrus

After I bought my first FJ40 (new) in 1982 someone put a TLCA business card on my windshield. I was living in St. Louis at the time. I officially joined about 9 years later.
devo