How did you find out about TLCA? (1 Viewer)

How did you find out about TLCA?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not sure. i started looking for a landcruiser about a year ago and found different websites and one of them was TLCA.

after getting my cruiser in March of this year, i planned on joining TLCA, but other things got in the way etc.

just submitted my application today!!!!!

Found it while researching Cruisers on the WWW!! Joined when I bought our 92, now we have our 97. :D

I think it was back in '95 when I joined. I was looking for a local LC club & somehow got a hold of Steve Clevenger of the Ga. Cruisers. I had been reading a lot about upgrades by that time. I told Steve I was really interested in joining & said I was going to add an SM420 & ARB's front & rear. He said "What, you don't need all that stuff!" . Bought it anyway & joined. Originally, there were more Jxxp guys in the club, but they eventually left & boy have the faces changed over the years. I think there are only 2 founding board members that I regularly see at the monthly meeting. I was on the board for two years as SFWDA rep. We don't seem to have much of a problem getting volunteers to run for office as in the past. I think we have a great group leading us right now & hope to add more of my time supporting in the future.........

I think in an editors response to a letter in some off road magazine, I want to say it was in 4wd & Sport Utility, way back in 1994.

Jason

Joined last year after a friend dropped off a couple copies of Toyot Trails Mag.

I went to my first event last year, wish I had did this years ago as it made me understand the drive behind TLCA, prolly would of joined much sooner.

Big insentive to get me and my family to more events.

Rob

I was looking for an FJ40 in Chicago back in 1995. One of the guys who had a Cruiser for sale had received a complimentary "sample" issue of Toyota Trails. He wasn't interested in joining, so he gave it to me. I tried to join immediately, but they told me I couldn't until I owned a Land Cruiser. Months later, I bought a 1975 FJ40 with a blown engine and sent in my application the next day.

local mechanic handed me an issue of trails after i had mentioned i had never heard of the TLCA. very, very glad he did!

e

My older brother!

1996 when I bought my 40 and stopped by Man-A-Fre when they were in Agoura, they extended a 10% discount and I signed up immediately. Wish I still had my 96 dash plaque, it was black and white and would look nice in my 60 now.

Actually started looking in 1971. I bought my first LC (69) in feb. right after the Sylmar earthquake. Joined San Fernando Valley Stump Jumpers in Mar. Rumor was somebody had started a "club" that was only cruisers. Didn't actually find TLCA until about 2 years ago Love it! Good resource info. for both my 40 and 45swb.

Last edited:
I found out about it when trying to get some info on the new FJ Cruiser. That lead me to IH8MUD, which in turn talked me out of buying an FJ, keeping my 97 LC 80, and into joining the TLCA.

Bought my 4runner from Scott Desness at work(parts guy). He used to belong to Rising Sun. Told me about Cruise Moab and the club. Didnt think any thing of it at the time.... Up wheeling on Rollins Pass(East side) one day in January when I came across a guy in a white 80 trying to pull out a Xterra from the snow. He showed me some tips on winching and we got the Xterra out. He then told me about Cruise Moab and the club. Decided to check out the event. Joined the club after Cruise Moab 2002. They told me about TLCA, Joined TLCA in 2003.

:beer: :beer: