how can i tell if my 40 series late model digital clock is a 24V or a 12V ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the stamped part # on back makes no sense 27760 50919 1W

maybe
1 watt ?

grateful for any help

DSCN5490.JPG
DSCN5491.JPG

This is a part number for a RHD Australian 12v clock 1984 HJ47. 83910-60010 From memory they only fitted them to RHD models and I dont think there are many 24v RHD 4* series out there

Last edited:
This is a part number for a RHD Australian 12v clock 1984 HJ47. From memory they only fitted them to RHD models and I dont think there are many 24v RHD 4* series out there

this came out of a BJ42 24v canada spec i think ?

would that be possible

LHD

I would ask on the 40 series forum. They have dealt with clocks a few times. I seem to remember australia was the only market that got the clock and they were all 12v, but dont take my word for it. I forget why, but I dont think the clock will work on a LHD dash.

i have both a LHD and A RHD 83-84 switch panel 40 series and the clock mounts ok in both ?

i just don't know how to tell if its 24v or 12v ?

usually there is a black ink stamp ?

thanks for your help

happy new year

matt 🙂

I would ask on the 40 series forum. They have dealt with clocks a few times. I seem to remember australia was the only market that got the clock and they were all 12v, but dont take my word for it. I forget why, but I dont think the clock will work on a LHD dash.

on another topic , i just now noticed your from OZ .............

this part is listed on Ebay AU

do you by chance know anything about it or remotely the Denso part # or application

the seller , well does not take kindly to being asked ..

neither would i

its a diesel water union or JOINT of some nature

1234567.jpg
1234567890.jpg

Similar to a factory part on my 82 HJ47, takes coolant from the head to the heater. I'll get a photo tomorrow if you like?

Looked a bit more. This is the part numbers

83910-6001012V1$344.05
83910-6002024V1$344.05

Amayama shows it available but half the time they really don't have it and they cancel the order. Of course, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

27760 50919. That number is not even on the parts diagrams. Maybe a Denso number?

@roscoFJ73 lots of RHD 24v in JDM trucks and they had the clock available in higher trims from late 82 on. I have a 1981 BJ44 that has the dash plate (oddity) and has the plug for the clock in the harness.

Clocks should also switch LHD and RHD. Very few 24v LHD rigs but with NA and Europe having left hand drive 12v and AUS and some Pacifics having RHD 12v, it makes sense Toyota would generalize.

Nice find on the part numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom